DOLPHIN DIGEST 4/13/20
Community Newsletter for Arleta School
Traducción disponible Vaya al final del boletín y haga clic en el botón de traducción.
Dịch có sẵn Chuyển xuống cuối bản tin và nhấp vào nút dịch.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Apr. 13-17: VIRTUAL Spirit Week
- Apr. 14: VIRTUAL PTA Meeting | 6-7:30pm (scroll down for the link)
VIRTUAL SPIRIT WEEK 4/13 - 4/17
4/13: PJ Day
4/14: Draw a picture of Arleta School
4/15: Wacky Wednesday
4/16: Chalk your walk (draw/write a happy message with sidewalk chalk, or use rocks/petals/ sticks, etc)
4/17: Formal Friday (let's get fancy!)
Share your photos starting 4/13 by messaging them on Facebook (@ArletaK8), commenting on our upcoming Facebook posts or email them to ArletaSchoolPTA@gmail.com
STAY CONNECTED TO ARLETA SCHOOL
FAMILY SUPPORT SURVEY
DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES
PPS and Arleta School have been working to set up online resources for student learning. New updates are coming out daily, so please bookmark these pages and check back on them often:
pps.net/hd: This is the main page for all Home-based Distance learning.
pps.net/parent and pps.net/student: Both of these direct you to the PPS Student and Parent Portal. This page is full of great information, the IMPORTANT LINKS TO PLATFORMS and FAQs about how to sign on and how to get support.
https://sites.google.com/pps.net/counselor-corner/home: This is the page set up by our awesome counselors, Allison List and Samantha Lannom, to address the emotional and support needs of students and parents.They will be adding Youtube videos and more.
DAILY MEAL SITES OPEN
ARLETA STAFF SING SCHOOL SONG IN NEW VIDEO
Check out this video of the staff at Arleta singing the school song. Special thanks to Treasa Street for doing the editing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sNx6ogiwoM
Portland Public Schools continues to provide updates and resources for families and staff on their website, such as meal sites, technology support, and health & mental services: https://www.pps.net/Page/15080
Borrow a computer for free: PPS is offering loaner chrombooks for PPS students at the below schedule and locations. Please bring your student ID with you.
- Families whose last name begins with A-M can show up Monday, April 13
- Families whose last name begins with N-Z can show up Tuesday, April 14
- All families, regardless of last name, can show up Wednesday-Friday
Distribution locations will be open 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
- Portland Public Schools District Office - 501 N Dixon St
- Roosevelt High School - 6941 N Central St
- Franklin High School - 5405 SE Woodward St
- Jefferson High School - 5210 N Kerby Ave
Free Internet and Wifi: https://www.pps.net/page/1913
Please join the virtual PTA meeting on Tuesday, April 14th from 6-7:30pm. We'll be discussing ways to support Arleta families during the pandemic, hear from administrators about distance learning and have time to ask questions, share feedback and connect with other parents.
Join the meeting by clicking this link:
Meeting ID: 309 452 372
You can view the meeting agenda and materials here: http://www.arletapta.org/pta-meeting-materials.html
Got other ideas to improve our school? Consider taking on a board or committee role starting next school year. The commitment can be as little or as much time as you can give and all are welcome! Read about the positions available here. Email ArletaSchoolPTA@gmail.com if you have questions.
Thank you for supporting the Arleta PTA!
BOTTLE DROP IS STILL OPEN
AMAZON WISH LIST FOR TEACHERS & STAFF
Throughout the school year, supplies are consumed and new needs arise. That’s why Arleta now has an Amazon Wish List of items added by teachers and staff. Please consider adding an item or two when you do your regular Amazon shopping. And when you use Amazon Smile and link your Amazon account to Arleta School PTA, Amazon will also donate 0.5% of your total purchase (at no additional cost to you)! Questions – email ArletaSchoolPTA@gmail.com
Link to Wish List is: https://smile.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3S713LRBVHEI6
And instructions can be found here: http://www.arletapta.org/ways-to-help---join.html
NO COST WAYS TO SUPPORT ARLETA
The Arleta PTA participates in THREE no-cost shopping rewards programs - Fred Meyer Community Rewards, AmazonSmile and Bottle Drop.
1. By linking your Fred Meyer Rewards card to the Arleta PTA and scanning your rewards card when you shop, a percentage of your purchase goes to the PTA. Sign up here. (And you'll still get your cash back rewards!)
2. Amazon has a similar program, called AmazonSmile. Select "Arleta School PTA" as your charitable organization to receive donations when you shop Amazon. Once you sign up, just go to smile.amazon.com to do your usual Amazon shopping. While there is no app, you can create a shortcut on your phone by going to smile.amazon.com in your browser, tap the Share button, then tap Add to Homescreen.
3. Donate your redeemable cans and bottles to Arleta through Bottle Drop. Grab a blue bag from the school office and FILL it up then take it to a Bottle Drop site, OR email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will come pick it up. (Arleta pays a fee for the bags, so let's fill them to the top!)
FILL OUT US CENSUS 2020
Did you know that the US has counted its population every 10 years since 1790? The US Census 2020 is the latest update. Mail notifications have been sent out already and now is the time to stay home & send your household information online, by phone, or by mail. It's quick, safe, secure, and confidential. As our neighborhood grows it is important that every person is included in the count. Federal funding for schools, roads, fire fighters, hospitals, and other services depend on census data. More information is available at https://2020census.gov/.
REGISTER TO VOTE BY 4/28 | PRIMARY ELECTION IS 5/19
Register to vote or update your registration. Update voter registration information before April 28th. Mailers go out at the end of April.