How To Make Rice Krispies Treats
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Large saucepan
- 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan
- Buttered spatula or wax paper
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Jet Puffed Marshmallows or 4 cups of Jet Puffed Miniature Marshmallows
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add in the cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press the mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
- Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) of marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more that two days at room temperature in an airtight container.
- To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.