Full of Surprises
By: Cassey Rodriguez and Ana Sandoval
Why should you live in Connecticut?
-Our natural resources consist of Fishes, whales, forest land and we also use our farm land to raise crops such as corn, pumpkins, rye, squash, and beans.
-Living along the coast makes trading easier.
Facts about Connecticut
2. Our major industry is agriculture.
3. We have less diseases than the warmer colonies down south.
4. In 1775 Connecticut was governed as a charter colony.
5. Living along the coast makes whale oil (used in lamps) a valuable resource.
6. We became the 5th colony to become a state on January 9, 1788.
7. The word Connecticut comes from a Native Indian phrase meaning ¨river whose water is driven by tides or winds.
8.Connecticut is classified as a New England colony.
9. It was founded by Puritans.
10. Between 1636 and 1637 the Pequot War was fought between the Pequot Indians and the settlers of the Connecticut colony and was won by the settlers.