Weekly Newsletter - September 23, 2019
Updates and Information
- PEIMS Discipline Resources
- ROCK Gear Website https://www.allianceid.com/kisdrock - last day for ordering Oct. 4th
- Septemeber 26th 10:00 Required Education Webinar link https://zoom.us/j/792155098
- Assessment Newsletter
- Reminder: Please show your PSA's weekly (Grades 5th - 12th) and make sure all Crime Stopper posters are posted and visible Grades K-12th). Attestations are located on the Student Services Site. They need to be turned in each semester. Click here to access materials https://sites.google.com/kellerisd.net/student-services/threat-assessment
All the required ROCK Training PowerPoint have been posted to the Student Services Site under ROCK and training. All teacher, student, and staff training must be completed by Oct. 25, 2019. Click here to access all the pieces of training and the attestation form
- September 25th - The Discipline-Attendance Cross Check should be completed for events that occurred during the first six weeks of school.
- September 26th from 2:15 to 4:15: If you are a new AP and you missed the first day of AP Onboarding, please plan to attend this training. Workshop Link: #40862 - HR Conf. Room. Please use the link to sign up.
September 27 is the end of School-Start window for 7-12 grade campuses. Students who were coded as a dropout (98) for 2018-2019 must be enrolled in another educational setting by this date otherwise they will be counted as a dropout against your campus for accountability.
AP Meetings - October 2nd and 3rd (Please bring your Discipline Book for updates)
Oct. 7th 1:00- 4:00: Discipline Referral, DAEP Placement Do’s and Don’ts and Legal Department Orientation. (if you attending the Sept. 9th training then disregard this training) This is required training for all new AP’s and is an optional training for existing AP’s. Both topics will be covered on October 7th. Oct. 7 Link
More Professional Development for You!
As a school leader, it is up to you to ensure that your staff contributes to the development of your school's core beliefs, values, and guiding principles. Mr. Kafele says that when we zero in on who we are and what we believe, we provide some missing context for our discussions on student achievement. Question 5: Do I ensure that my staff contributes to the development of our school's core beliefs, values, and guiding principles?
Click on the following link to give your input: https://groups.google.com/a/kellerisd.net/d/forum/kisd-aps
Joe Baker - Area Director of Student Services X1083
Stephanie Cantu - Student Services Assistant X 1115
Laura Lockhart - Area Director of Student Services X 1105