2 Similes and 2 Metaphors
- His eyes were hollows of madness, his hair like moldy hay.
- Page 1, stanza 4. They stretched and strained in the darkness, and the hours crawled by like years. Page 2, stanza 4.
- The wind was a torrent of darkness among the gusty trees.
- The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas.
1 example of alliteration and 1 example of vivid imagery
- Over the cobbles he clattered and clashed in the dark inn-yard. Page 1 stanza 3
- They had tied her up to attention, with many a sniggering jest; They bound a musket beside her, with the barrel beneath her breast!