Different Ways to be Safe
The Ten Tips to Follow:
1. Choose Long and Strong Passwords!
- Use lowercase and uppercase letters with symbols and numbers.
2. Secure Your Accounts!
- Search the website for other protection beyond your password.
3. Separate Passwords for Each Account!
- Don't use the same password for everything.
4. Write it Down!
- Keep a list of passwords in safe places so you won't forget them.
5. Set Privacy and Security Settings!
- It's okay to limit your information with people you don't actually trust.
6. When in Doubt, Throw it Out!
- Advertising links are great ways for criminals to hack your account/computer.
7. Protect Your Money!
- When shopping online make sure the website security is enabled.
8. Be Aware!
- Check the website about information.
- Make sure they're safe.
9. Think before you act!
- Don't act upon offers that ask for your personal information, to act immediately, or sounds to good to be true.
10. Back it up!
- Protect your work and information and make sure to store it safely.
For more information go to www.StaySafeOnline.org