My Side Of the Mountain
By- Jean Craighead George
Sam- He is a boy who goes to live in the wilderness. He runs away from home to live on a mountain. He makes some strange friends, who like him and stay by him through his entire journey.
Mr. Girbley- Mr. Girbley is Sam's father. He visites him just a few times. He didn't think that Sam could make it and he thought that he would be back in about a day or two. He was wrong about that.
Mrs. Turner- She works in the library. Sam learns to go there and find books that he knows can help him survive in the wild. But she helps him find his books that he needs in order to know.
Frightful- Frightful is a bird. She was taken by Sam from her mother so that Sam could train her, and also have a friend. Frightful becomes a lifelong friend with Sam.
Baron- Baron is a weasel that is very fun and outgoing. He loves to play tricks on people and run away into his holes. But at the same time he is a loving friend to Sam.
Jesse Coon James- Jesse Coon James is a racoon who is very fat! He loves to eat when he can. He lives on the second story of the tree.
Bando- Bando is a man who finds Sam in the wilderness one day when he was sleeping. He and Sam see each other on the holidays. He helps Sam in many ways every time he comes.
- There is a boy named Sam Gribley.
- He tells his dad that he is running away from home and he is going to go live on the mountain
- His dad does not believe him and thinks that he will be back in a day or two.
- Sam leaves and does exactly what he told his dad and he stays out there for over a year. (Never renters home)
- Sam makes himself a home inside of tree.
- One day he finds a birds nest and he takes a baby bird for himself, not to eat, but for it to really become his best friend/pet.
- He names it Frightful and teaches it how to do amazing tricks.
- He also makes friends with other animals as well, such as Jesse Coon James (a raccoon).
- Soon it starts to become winter.
- He needs to find food and prepare for winter because he does not know what is coming his way.
- He finds nuts, fish, and all sorts of things to last him and Frightful all winter.
- He also makes himself some clothes out of deer fur. It was very warm and conferring during the winter.
- While winter is there he is very bored in his tree.
- There is not that much to do because he can not go outside because of the cold weather.
- When winter is finally over he and Frightful go and play outside and get there energy out from there very long winter inside the tree!
Jean Craihead George. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2016. <http://www.jeancraigheadgeorge.com/bio.html>.
Jean Craighead George. New York Times, n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2016. <https://www.google.com/search? q=jean+craighead+george+books&safe=active&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0 ahukewjsocin8k_mahvhocykhdpdctuq_auiccgc&biw=1366&bih=667&safe=strict#imgrc=xiKlDf 3y9-1oMM%3A>.