Week of November 16th
Important Events to Note for the Week of November 16th Plus
16 Nov 2015---Crisis Center Presentations with 7th Grade: Being a Bystander
17 Nov 2015---Crisis Center Presentations with 8th Grade: Being a Bystander
17 Nov 2015---Faculty Meetings in the Library
17 Nov 2015---Timecards approved by 3 PM
17 Nov 2015---FCCLC Meeting in FACS room
17 Nov 2015---HMS Basketball @ John Carroll
18 Nov 2015---MEDC in Conference Room (one meeting)
19 Nov 2015---HMS Basketball @ McAdory
20 Nov 2015---Pride of the Panthers Pizza Party at 2:30 PM in the Choir Room
20 Nov 2015---Grades updated by 3 PM
20 Nov 2015---All electronics turned off before leaving for the break
23-27 Nov 2015---School Closed for Thanksgiving Holidays
4 Dec 2015---Deadline to submit 30 Panther Passes to exempt one semester diagnostic with passing grades. Dec 4 will also be used as the cut-off to review students who have all "A's", no unexcused tardies, no unexcused absences and no discipline referrals for possible exemption of all diagnostics.
Message from the Principal
* We will be adjusting the duty roster to incorporate Ms. Hollar into the mix. The majority of the second semester assignments have been changed accordingly but there are a few that begin the week of December 7. A copy of the revision will be distributed in this week's faculty meetings. We are also looking at moving the Front Lawn afternoon assignment to the courtyard by the gym for better coverage.
* The district has tentatively scheduled several principal's meetings on Tuesday's in December so we may move faculty to Thursday's in December. Should this be necessary, we will let you know by the time we return from Thanksgiving.
*All teachers are responsible for the information that we send out to you each week via email. "I forgot" or "I did not check my email" are not acceptable excuses.
*Make sure you are reviewing the duty roster each week. Morning duty begins at 7:20 not 7:30.
*All teachers should make sure they are detailing someone to wipe and sweep around their tables after their lunch time. Several tables have been singled out as having been exceptionally neglected.
* Teachers should not contact the help desk directly. If you have an issue with your computer or email, submit it to Ms. Wilson using the following link:
* If you have any students who are still having issues logging into school computers, there is a pink clipboard in the library for teachers to list the student’s information.
* Please refer to the emails from Harold Jackson regarding EducateAlabama and the new log-in procedures. All PLPs need to be signed and completed by the end of October. If you have not completed your self-assessment and PLP because if log-in issues, contact the EducateAlabama help desk immediately.
*As part of the district's energy conservation initiative, teachers are reminded of the following:
***Turn off all electronics (including computers, monitors, projectors, elmos and printers) before leaving each afternoon.
***AC should not be set below 70 when the room is occupied. We are being asked to turn off the AC in evenings when leaving. If the weather turns colder, the heat should not be set above 70 and should be set at 55 at night.
***The district has requested that when the temperature is mild, we should turn off the AC and make use of opening windows and hall doors for ventilation. Please keep in mind those who have allergies in your room.
***The fan on the AC should be set to "auto." Do not set it to "on" as this leaves it blowing all of the time.
***Turn off lights in your room when you are not in the classroom.