King Philip Middle School
January 2, 2022
Happy New Year 2022!
Please be aware that on Monday, January 3, we will have a one-hour delay (bell schedule included below). Students will meet with all classes, although they will be shortened.
One-Hour Delay Schedule
This Week at a Glance
Announcements & Reminders
KPMS Ski & Snowboard Club Reminders
Ski & Snowboard Club Members (and Parents):
These items will also be discussed at an informational meeting for students on Wednesday, January 5, right after school in the auditorium.
Ski Club Dates:
Wednesday, January 12
Wednesday, January 19
Wednesday, January 26
Wednesday, February 2
1) If you need medication, an inhaler, or want to take food along, be sure to pack it.
2) Students may bring in equipment early (Monday or Tuesday during the day), and…KPMS will be open until 8:00PM Tuesday nights to drop off equipment in the auditorium.
3) Please keep the aisles and doorways clear. If you have a ski bag, you may place it gently across the seats. If your skis/boards are loose, please put them on the floor. Please place your equipment as close to the CENTER of each row as you can to leave room for others.
4) If students bring in equipment the DAY OF (Wednesday) – take it to the auditorium.
5) Where you leave your equipment is where you pick it up at the end of the day on the way to the buses.
6) We leave school at exactly 2:25 PM – make sure you are on your bus and ready to go, so we don’t have to leave without you.
7) If you have lessons, they are at 5:00 PM – be there, as attendance is taken.
8) The buses will pull up in front of Wachusett at 7:45 and we leave Wachusett at exactly 8:00 PM. Be there on time or you will not ski the next week.
1) Please pull ALL THE WAY FORWARD in the parent drop-off loop when dropping students off – that way we can unload 10 cars at a time instead of everyone waiting to unload 1 at a time in front of the door.
2) If you bring in equipment for your student during the day (without your student being there), please leave the equipment in the front office, and make sure your student knows where it is. Students should pick up their equipment from the front office on their way to their ski bus.
3) Special Note: By parent request, we will have pickup at KP HIGH SCHOOL again this year. Please be in the KP HIGH SCHOOL parking lot by 9:00 PM, ready to pick up your students – that way you don’t have to fight traffic when we roll in with the 5 motorcoaches at 9:10. If everyone is there, we can get you out quickly!
Snow Day Plan:
1) If school is canceled, the ski trip is canceled. Our first make-up date is Wednesday, Feb. 9.
2) If school is delayed, plan that the trip is on, but we will evaluate the Wachusett weather forecast and make a decision asap.
Of course if you have any questions, please see Mr. Allen in room 118. Thanks, and HOPE FOR SNOW!!!
Mr. Dan Allen
COVID-19 School Testing Program
From Food Services
Monday, January 3: Big Daddy’s Pizza, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Peas, Chicken Caesar Salad or Wrap
Tuesday, January 4: Macaroni & Cheese; Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Croissant; Green Beans; Hot & Spicy Chicken Salad or Wrap
Wednesday, January 5: Sal’s Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks w/Marinara Sauce, Chicken Patty, Parmesan Broccoli, Oriental Chicken Salad or Wrap
Thursday, January 6: Beef Taco w/Nacho Chips or Soft Shell, Salsa, Sour Cream, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese Sauce, Corn; Crispy Chicken Caesar Salad or Wrap
Friday, January 7: Sal's Cheese Pizza or White Garlic Pizza, Hot & Spicy Chicken Patty, Fish Taco, Coleslaw, Salad - Chef's Choice
Please reach out to the KPMS Cafeteria Manager, Elizabeth White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-541-3462 if you have any questions.
P-EBT and SNAP Reminders:
Based on federal rules, students attending school in-person are not eligible for Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT), but the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) encourages students and families to keep their P-EBT cards. More information can be found at MAp-EBT.org.
If students received P-EBT, they may be eligible for SNAP. SNAP, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Families who received P-EBT are encouraged to sign up for SNAP. It is fast and easy to apply, and the monthly SNAP amount is now higher than ever ($658 for a family of three and $835 for a family of four!). Video on SNAP
For other food access information and other wellness information, please visit Family Wellness Resources.
Important School Dates
- Monday, January 3 - School Resumes
- Monday, January 17 - No School, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Thursday, January 20 - Early Release (11:00 AM), Staff Professional Development
- Tuesday, February 8 - Early Release (11:00 AM), Staff Professional Development
- Monday - Friday, February 21 - 25 - February Break
- Tuesday, March 1 - Trimester 2 Ends