Eagles' News Brief
August 15, 2022
School Supply Request Form
Frequently Asked Questions...
- When will we receive teacher assignments: Teacher assignment postcards for students in grades 1 - 5 are being mailed. Most families should receive them by August 22. Kindergarten families will receive teacher assignments during the Kindergarten Meet the Teacher Event on September 2 from 11:00 - 12:30.
- Can I Walk My Child to Class? Kindergarten Parents may walk their children to class on their Staggered Entry Date (August 29, 30, or 31) and on their first official day of school, (September 6). *Parents of students in grades 1 - 5 may walk their children to class on the first day of school, August 29.
- Should my student pack a water bottle each day? Labeled water bottles are encouraged. Please send your student to school with a labeled water bottle each day. Please also label any backpacks, lunchboxes, or jackets you send with your student.
- How will you communicate with me? Please be sure we have your most up to date contact information, so we can reach you in the event of an emergency and keep you updated. To opt-in to receive text messages, simply text YES to 67587. To update your School Messenger preferences click here! We will send a school newsletter about once a week. You can also expect a weekly folder and regular text / Talking Points communications from your child's teacher.
- What is the best way for me to contact my child's teacher? Talking Points: This year you'll be able to directly text your child's teachers! There is a "TalkingPointsfor Parents" app you can download if you'd like. Messages will then go through the app.
- How does carpool work? If you're new to Vandora, take a moment to watch this video about our carpool procedures.
We are looking forward to a wonderful year together with your child!
Applying for Free & Reduced Lunch Meals
We encourage ALL families that MAY qualify for free or reduced meal prices to please apply. This year, ALL STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FREE OR REDUCED MEAL PRICES WILL RECEIVE FREE MEALS. In addition to meal benefits for students, our school receives funding for essential staffing, supplies, and programs through this program.
To apply for free or reduced-price meals, please visit www.MySchoolApps.com. Paper applications will always be made available throughout ALL Wake County Public Schools, Crossroads, and at Central Office, or you can call 919-588-3535 or 919-856-2920 to have one mailed to you.
- Application information
- Application information - información sobre la solicitud (Español)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions - preguntas frecuentes (Español)
- Sample application/Ejemplo de solicitud (Please fill out an original / Favor de completar una solicitud original)
- Meal charges policy | Cuentas de Alimentos
Before + After School Child Care
We are excited to offer our before and after school care program through the YMCA!
- Before School Care (located at Timber Drive Elementary School) M-F from 7:00 - 8:00am
- After School Care M-F 3:00-6:00pm
- There are discounts for YMCA members
- There are 2,3, or 4 days options for families who don't need care all 5 days
- For scholarships, please click here!
If you would like your child to participate in this great program, please sign up during our Back to School bash on August 25 or click here for more information and to register!
Financial assistance is offered for families who qualify.
Bus Rider Registration
Students who have enrolled for the 2022-23 school year, have a school assignment that provides for neighborhood school bus transportation as noted on the student's official student assignment letter and wish to use the service on a regular basis, July 18 is the 2022-23 cut-off date for eligible families to request service to ensure service on the first day of school. Español.
For families who request transportation services after the cut-off date, bus service is not guaranteed for the beginning of the school year. Requests received after the cut-off date will be processed in the order received, and the transportation department will make every effort to provide service using existing bus stops as quickly as possible.
New enrollees to WCPSS are required to fill out a Transportation Service Request form when completing the initial application. The Data Manager will enter the transportation request for new enrollees. See the Student Enrollment page for more information on enrolling.
2022-2023 WCPSS Student Handbook
This handbook was created to help you and your child understand the rules and expectations in school, on the way to and from school and at school-sponsored activities. We encourage you to discuss those rules and this document with your child.
If you have / or know of a rising kindergarten student, we encourage you to go ahead and enroll early. Tours are available! Questions? Contact Tracy Cattano (email@example.com, 919.662.2486 x26141). *Student must be 5 by August 31, 2022.
Can you believe it's that time already? Kindergarten registration is OPEN! Click here to complete the online registration process. For more detailed registration information, visit the WCPSS website!
Here is a list of required documentation that we need you to provide so we may complete registration:
- Current proof of residence - (gas, water, or electric bill that is no more than 30 days old, lease/contract on apartment or house.)
- Certified birth certificate (we must be able to feel the seal.)
- Photo ID of parent/guardian
- Record of immunizations *
- North Carolina Health Assessment completed and stamped by a physician. *To be on file within 30 days of starting school*
Don't forget that you still need to enroll at your base school first, even if you plan to request a transfer to another school.
We look forward to you being a part of our Vandora Springs Elementary Family! If you have any questions, please reach out to Tracy Cattano, at 919-662-2486 ext. 26141.
Volunteering is helpful, but it is not required. Contact Bonnie Fagley- firstname.lastname@example.org.