"...the ideal is for each person to feel engaged and encouraged about writing. A workshop's first concern is to establish a safe atmosphere." - Clive Matson
Follow these steps...
Make sure you do the following things for each person’s draft:
- Analyze – read each paper closely and fully. Remember, we are paying careful attention to the overall message and content (beliefs, skills, and using them for this semester) – look closely at these areas in the draft.
- Edit – check for grammar, usage, spelling, and mechanical errors
- Revise – check wording, sentence structure, organization, etc.
- Critique – point-out a couple weak or lacking areas and suggest how to strengthen them
- Comment – make at least 2 suggestions for improvement
- Compliment – give each paper at least 1 positive compliment about their paper
- Discuss - once you have finished reviewing each other's drafts, have a conversation reviewing all of the above, or explaining any comments, critiques, or suggestions you gave.