Lockport City School District
March 16, 2020
Student Instructional Plan
During this unprecedented time and with recent school closures, instructional staff have prepared student materials for pick up.
All K-12 buildings will be open ONLY to pick up instructional materials for students and to return medications to a parent or guardian on Tuesday, March 17th from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm. Please know that we are permitting only one family member to come into the buildings.
- K-6 students have packets prepared which include paper activities and their iPads with a list of apps available to them.
- Grade 7 and 8 students, if your child has access to Google Classroom, you do not need to pick up any materials at school. If not, please plan to go to the school for materials.
- Grades 9-12 students should check their student email and google classroom for assignments prior to picking up any work. If access to work can be done electronically, students do not need to go in for paper copies. If however, you are uncertain regarding your access, please stop at the Lockport High School between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- Lockport High school families should report to the auditorium foyer (Door 3) on Locust Street.
- Lockport High School West at Charlotte Cross students will have packets available for pick up at that building.
Instructional staff will be available by email during the period of time when school is not in session. Messages will be checked by staff on a daily basis.
As always, we encourage students to read daily, write often, and most importantly to be safe.
COVID-19 Alternate Feeding Plan
The Lockport City School District’s Food and Nutrition Department will provide an opportunity for families to pick-up meals for children in their family at three centralized sites. Meals will be made available Monday through Friday for takeout only.
Children do not need to be present in order for their meals to be provided. The student’s identification number should be presented during pick up in order to receive the meals.
The following centralized sites will provide one lunch and one breakfast per student:
1) George Southard Elementary School: cafeteria door 2 on the bus circle
2) Roy B. Kelly Elementary School: back loading dock area door 2A
3) North Park Junior High School: north cafeteria door 4
*Parents may select a site that is closest to their home. You do not have to go to your child’s school.
*Alternate meals will be provided for students with dietary restrictions. Please let the food service employee know when you arrive of your child’s dietary needs.
Meal pick up will be based on the student’s last name as follows:
A-J 10:00am - 11:30am
K-T 11:30am - 12:30pm
U-Z 12:30pm - 1:30pm
In addition to the school pickup sites the district TechMobile will be delivering to the following neighborhoods Monday through Friday:
1) The Woodlands by the Community Room: 6237 Transit Road 10:00am - 10:30am
2) Southtowne Apartments: 5779 Sweetwood Drive 10:45am - 11:15am
3) Affinity Foxwood Apartments: 6147 Ruhlmann Road 11:30am - 12:00pm
4) Lockport Housing Authority Nixon Building: 301 Michigan Street 12:15pm - 12:45pm
5) Lockport Housing Authority: 268 Garden Street 1:00pm - 1:30pm
We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the school site once meals have been distributed, continue to wash your hands often, sneeze or cough into a tissue and stay home if you are sick.
School nurses should be contacting you some time today to arrange for pick up of medication. If you receive a message and want to make arrangements please call the school office or school nurse at the numbers listed below:
Anna Merritt Elementary
- Office: 478-4726
- Nurse: 478-4728
Charles Upson Elementary
- Office: 478-4402
- Nurse: 478-4408
George Southard Elementary
- Office: 478-4771
- Nurse: 478-4780
Roy B. Kelley Elementary
- Office: 478-4671
- Nurse: 478-4672
Emmet Belknap Intermediate
- Office: 478-4552
- Nurse: 478-4565
North Park Jr High School
- Office: 478-4701
- Nurse: 478-4714
Lockport High School
- Office: 478-4501
- Nurse: 478-4459
Lockport High School West at Charlotte Cross
- Office: 478-4626
- Nurse: 478-4627
- Office: 478-4751
- Nurse: 478-4752
School nurses and/or administrators will also be available to return medication to parents/guardians on Tuesday March 17, 2020 between the hours of 10:00 am - 6:00 pm in each respective school building. School nurses will be available by telephone and email during the period of time when school is not in session. Messages will be checked daily by the staff. As always, you are encouraged to contact your family physician if you have any questions or concerns about your child’s health.