Broken Arrow Weekly Update
Looking Forward to the Week of February 13-17
Message from Mrs. Green
We are entering another full week in February and are looking forward to our Valentine/Friendship Class Parties on WEDNESDAY, February 15th. Please note that our class parties are not on the actual holiday. This decision was made due to our shortened day schedule on Wednesday. We will attempt to have a regular academic day on Tuesday.
We also want to welcome our NEW MUSIC TEACHER, pending board approval. Welcome to Ms. Lili Hull. She will be joining our Broken Arrow team this week and will start teaching music classes towards the middle of the week. We are so excited to welcome her to BA and she is beyond thrilled to share her love and knowledge of music. Check out next week's newsletter for a Staff Spotlight on Ms. Hull to get to know her better.
Check out everything coming up this week and beyond, below!
- If you are parking and walking to the front of the building to pick up your student, your student will exit out the front doors (K-5) and will check out with a dismissal team member before connecting with you. This will typically happen at the front door as they exit the building.
- If you are using the loop, please STAY IN YOUR CAR and MOVE FORWARD any time that you can as we are trying to make the loop move as quickly as possible. Students will ext the front doors (K-5) and check out with a dismissal team member and then will be guided to your car.
- WE are no longer having any students that are being picked up by car exit through the side door. ALL car riders (loop or parking lot) will exit out the front doors.
- In the loop, we are not entering student numbers past the flagpole to ensure that students are getting into a car at the front of the building assisted by a dismissal team member.
- If you are in the loop, please make sure your green card is visible if you have one to show. It helps makes things go faster!
Friendship/Valentine Parties are on WEDNESDAY-FEBRUARY 15th from 12:45-1:30
Students are welcome to bring Valentines as long as they include one for each person in their class.
If you have questions, please contact classroom teachers or room parents.
Room parents and party volunteers will need to sign in at the front office and get a visitor sticker before entering the building on party day.
SPRING Picture Day is FRIDAY
Remember: Class Pictures are Pre-Ordered, so if you want one, please send your order with your child on Picture Day.
SAFETY FIRST-USE THE CROSSWALK!
JOIN US! February 24th 6:30-8:00pm for BINGO!
Broken Arrow Yearbook Ordering
The Broken Arrow 22-23 Yearbook ordering portal is open for orders. Go HERE to complete your online purchase. Yearbook ID Code is 9628232. .The full-color 16-page yearbook with a soft cover is $12. Optional personalization is available for $5. The order deadline is Spring Break.
Or you may go to ybpay.com and search the code by choosing KS, Lawence and Broken Arrow. There is an link to check if you have already ordered.
IMPORTANT-NO SCHOOL DATES in FEB and MARCH
There is NO SCHOOL on the following days:
Monday, February 20th- Staff Professional Development Day
Friday, March 3- Teacher Conference Prep Day
Thursday, March 9- Parent Teacher Conferences
Friday, March 10-Parent Teacher Conferences
The week of March 13-17-Spring Break
We are focused on HONESTY for the whole month of February. Please check out the resources below for specific activities to complete or discuss with your student(s) at home!
Congratulations to our Perseverance Eagles of the Week!
Brain Builders Video Series
PTA Email List Signup
Signup HERE to receive reminders of meetings, meeting minutes, volunteer requests, etc.
Interested in Helping Out?
CLICK HERE to see regularly occurring activities and annual or semi-annual events as well as opportunities during school and after school hours.