Knox Middle School
September at Knox!
Hello Knox Families!
Welcome to the start of the 21-22 school year. We are so excited to be back on campus with our students. Our students are doing an amazing job in their classes. Our Knox teachers are focused on the priority standards (Critical Concepts) and engaging all students. We are also focused on building a safe, supportive and collaborative school culture. Soon we will be taking the Youth Truth survey. We value all of our parents' feedback on this important survey.
This month we will celebrate students with brag tags for: perfect attendance, raising their Lexile reading scores in Achieve 3000, and for our positive themes in Advisory.
We have also begun our weekly Wednesday Community Circles in Advisory. We have over 60 Knox student circle leaders, that facilitate discussions for their peers, building community in all classrooms. We are so proud of our leaders.
- Students should wear their Knox lanyard and brag tags. They can earn many prizes. Our brag tags celebrate our student success.
- Students may only have their cell phones out at lunch. They may also not record video. Phones out any other time of the day will be collected and turned into the office. Parents must pick the phone up at the office.
- If you need to pick your student up early at school call ahead.
- You can still register for student COVID testing. The links for registration are below. COVID testing is every Thursday.
- The grading period ends on 10/8. Report cards will be mailed home the following week.
- We have a late bus for tutoring every Tuesday. It stops at Baker and Balboa. It departs Knox at 4:35
- Clubs and sports are starting. Your student will need a signed permission slip to participate. Students on LOP may not participate unless they have an approved appeal.
- Minimum days are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Thursday only.
- Please see the handbook listed below for our Knox dress code.
- Achieve 3000 is our online reading program. Students should complete at least 5 articles a month.
- Saturday School begins on October 9th. Students can clear 1 full day absence and 4 tardies. Saturday school is 8am-12pm. Students that arrive late will not be able to enter. Students need their backpack, laptop, charger, planner, mask and water bottle. Breakfast will be served.
- Please monitor your child's social media accounts (Instagram, Snap Chat, Tik Tok). School vandalism is on the rise due to Tik Tok challenges. Please talk to your students about their digital footprint and making smart choices online.
Check out the Lincoln Cluster Newsletter for more awesome events happening in our cluster.
Our next SSC meeting will be held on 10/28 at 3:15 pm and our SGT meeting will be 10/27 at 3:15 .
Meeting ID: 835 9340 8876
To join our ELAC, please reach out to Ms. Hueso email@example.com
Knox Community Circles
Knox Student Websites!
Knox has developed specific grade-level websites to keep students updated on their classes and school events.
Knox Advisory Program
Student Email-Students should check their email daily at school
Knox Primetime Update
Hello PrimeTime Families,
Thank you all for your cooperation during the first few days of school. We are all doing our best to make sure our students are having a smooth transition back to in person learning.
During September, our students were able to participate in several fun activities. One of our program leaders, Mr. Alexander, started Culture Club where every week the students get to experience a different part of Japanese culture. For example, students learned about a Japanese holiday called Obon Odori and were able to design their very own paper lanterns. Other students were able to participate in our art club where they created very interesting and exciting art pieces. We will be hanging their creations in the classroom so please feel free to ask if you would like to see them! Overall, this first month has been a success and we want to keep offering as many opportunities as possible to our students. With that being said, Primetime is planning to introduce a sports program in October where the students will be able to practice and play the sport of their choice. I want us all to encourage our students to be open minded and willing to try the different activities we have to offer.
We have an entire year full of exciting opportunities so I want everyone to work together and have an amazing experience. Please stay safe!
Parent Portal- Grades, Schedules, & Attendance
To get a copy of your password, please call 619-344-5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions on how to access your student's grades and attendance
Knox is a Marzano High Reliability School!
Join the mailing list- email email@example.com
Key Contacts At Knox:
Vice Principal- Angelica Hueso-Garcia- firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Counselor-M-Z- Lori Watkins- email@example.com
Counselor- A-L- Mary Shirley- firstname.lastname@example.org
Restorative Practices Coordinator-Jeff Ponsford- email@example.com
Registration/Attendance-Leticia Alva Sanchez- firstname.lastname@example.org
Site Tech- Power School Parent Portal- Kristen Ojetti- email@example.com
Yuli Mejia-Attendance- firstname.lastname@example.org
Admin Assist-Linda Dozier- email@example.com
Health Tech-Monica Diazfirstname.lastname@example.org
Google Voice-619 292-8817