Raymond Park Middle School
Ranger News week of January 28, 2019
Volume 2018-2019, Issue #25
Raymond Park is "Going Red" to support the American Heart Association. Staff and students have three ways that they can help support the American Heart Association this week. Please check out the details in a flyer below.
Tuesday, January 29th
- RP wrestling team has a home match vs Lincoln MS. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, January 31st
- Going Red fundraiser money is due today! See the flyer below for details.
- Girls basketball teams have a home game vs Franklin Twp. West starting at 5:15 p.m. Serendipity will be performing at halftime.
- Our middle school district swim team has their first swim meet tonight at Southport MS. Meet starts at 6:00 p.m. Good luck to our RP 5th-8th graders as they compete alongside Creston and Stonybrook's swimmers.
- Free 5th-8th grade girls soccer clinic at Creston from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Please see flyer below for details.
Saturday, February 2nd
- RP Science Olympiad Team competition at Solon Middle School (Solon, Ohio).
Monday, February 4th
- Auditions for Missoula Children's Theater play "King Arthur's Quest" is today at 4:30 p.m. in Creston's auditorium for all students in grades Kindergarten through 8th. See the flyer below for details.
Wednesday, February 6th
- Late Start Day for Students (1-hour delay)
Thursday, February 7th
- Join us at 6:00 p.m. in the Raymond Park LGI Room to learn how you can use "The Smart Talk" to get on the same page with your kids and establish an open conversation about digital safety. Please reference the invitation letter in this newsletter. Light refreshments will be served which include lemonade and pizza. Please RSVP at the following link to help us order the right amount of pizza. SMART TALK RSVP
Friday, February 8th
- Performing Arts/Yearbook Groups Picture Day
Saturday, February 9th
- Women In Power mentorship program Session #2: Education. Please see flyer below for details.
Did you know you can take a day off from school to serve as a page for the Indiana Senate? State Senator Aaron Freeman invites students in grades 6-12 to come to the Statehouse and spend an exciting day seeing our state government in action.
RPMS PTSA News
Don't forget to join our Parent Teacher Student Association and support all of the wonderful student activities and events throughout the school year! Your $7 membership earns you a weekly PTSA electronic newsletter and membership incentives. Our PTSA sponsors Back To School Night treats, the quarterly CORE Celebrations, teacher reimbursement for school supplies, end of year celebration treat for all students, 8th grade celebration gift, and staff appreciation days. Our PTSA coordinates the school-PTSA joint fall fundraiser, various 8th Grade Washington DC fundraisers, weekly slushy sales, RP-AMC monthly family movie events, Box Top collection contests, quarterly roller skating parties at the Roller Cave and Sonny Day Community Center volunteering nights.
Please contact our PTSA for more information: email@example.com
2018-2019 Yearbooks On- Sale. Order online through LifeTouch at: RPMS 2018-2019 Yearbook code:10818419.
SCHOOL DISTRICT PUBLICATIONS/NEWS MEDIA USE
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Dr. Leondra Radford - Assistant Principal
Aliesa Hopp - Secretary to Principal
Sheri Thompson - Registrar/Attendance Secretary
Beth Schuster - Receptionist
Lisa Stewart - Nurse
To apply you must be in the 7th or 8th grade. Contact Katie Piatt RPMS Educational Counselor for application firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-532-8900 X8910.