Franklin Friday News
What's Going On at #FAPBG-Week of March 22, 2021
Covid-19 Self-Reporting Form
This form is to be used by Franklin Academy staff, parents, students, vendors, volunteers and other community members. Self-isolation would be associated with exposure to someone with actual COVID-19 or having a positive test result.
- NO SCHOOL March 15-19 (Spring Break)
- NO SCHOOL Monday, March 22 (Teacher Workday)
Spring 2021 Testing Information Grades 3-8
Parents/Guardians of AFAR scholars, please complete this form to provide Franklin Academy with information regarding whether your AFAR scholar will be coming onto campus to take the Spring 2021 State Assessments.
8th Grade Memory Book
Spring Picture Day
March Attribute of the Month: Balanced
Throughout March, Franklin scholars and staff will be looking into what it means to be BALANCED. According to the IB, a BALANCED person is one who understands the importance of intellectual, physical, and emotional health to achieve personal well-being for themselves and others. This attribute is broken into three parts: physical, mental, and emotional well-being. When we think about being healthy, we oftentimes only consider diet and exercise. It is necessary to also understand the inclusion of mental health and academics.
How to Enforce Being BALANCED at Home:
- Encourage your child to participate in a variety of structured activities. During less-structured times, be aware of the activities in which your child is participating. Active children should take time for quiet reading or reflection, and children who have a lot of quiet time should be encouraged to exercise and play outside.
- Discuss the food groups with your child. Spend a few minutes during mealtime deciding if what your family is eating is BALANCED.
- Role model and discuss being BALANCED.
- Spend time as a family participating in various activities.
- Give your child free time! It's important to have free time to promote creativity and to work through potential boredom.
- Discuss your own difficulties with being BALANCED. As parents, we can become consumed with our children and work and neglect to have BALANCE emotionally and physically.
- As a family, set goals to develop physical wellness, create independent time, and allow for family time!
Free Online Books
Please remember to download the DashPass app to your phone so that your scholar can be released to carline in a timely manner.
Please ensure that scholars are wearing appropriate, approved Franklin Academy outerwear. Hoodies and other non-Franklin outerwear will be confiscated. Please refer to our handbook for reminders on our dress code.
Early Release Procedure
- For early release, please head over to the Dashpass app and submit an early release request on the day of the early release.
- It will send you an email. You must approve the request in the email in order for the school to receive the early release request and approve it.
- When you arrive at the school to pick-up your scholar, use the camera on your mobile phone to scan the QR code that is hanging on the door.
- Complete the form that shows up on your mobile phone, and your scholar(s) will be released to you.
FRANKLIN ACADEMY PALM BEACH GARDENS CAMPUS
BUILDING BETTER PEOPLE, EVERYDAY
An International Baccalaureate Candidate School
Primary Years Programme