Common Sense for the Working Adult
Join the Professionals
Professionalism is a characteristic that is universally positive. Having a professional demeanor can eliminate conflict before there is conflict. When working as a teacher, it is important to remain professional because you are providing a service to your community and if your community is not satisfied with your behavior there is a possibility of losing your license and job.
- Q Are teachers allowed to socialize with parents outside of school?
- A Why not? But check with your admin team first.
- Q What will happen if a student catches me in a bar?
- A Find out why an underage person is in a bar and then check with your admin team.
- Q Can I wear leggings to work?
- A Leggings, leggings, or any revealing, provocative, dirty, or workout gear is inappropriate and very unprofessional, but check with your admin team to see if they allow this type of dress.