BW HAL Services
A Support System for Teachers by Teachers
Need To Know: Strategy Reports due by May
- The district requires documentation for services provided to HAL students (similar to an IEP for Special Education students).
- Please start the process of submitting strategies that you have used with your HAL students. The form that you need to fill out for each of your HAL students can be found below. We will also email you a form to make submitting these strategies a quick and easy process. This information will then be included in a document similar to the IEP in Power School. This will be an important resource for teachers to gain information about servicing current and future HAL students. Teachers will have until May to submit strategies for each of their HAL students, but please start in the next month so that we may begin to obtain this important data. Thank you very much for your time and for your reflective responses.
- Want to Generate a list of all of your current HAL students? Directions For Accessing a List of Your HAL Students in View Point:
- Directions For Accessing Individualized "HAL Services Information" in Power School:
-log in: first name.last name
-generic password (if you haven't changed it): password
-click on "student demographic explorer" (on the left side menu)
-scroll over to "gifted"
-click the icon next to gifted and select "yes" to filter
-This will produce an alphabetized list of your HAL students
- Peer Tutoring Center: if you are sending students to the Peer Tutoring Center, please send an email to Mrs. Brewer or Mrs. Menard indicating the subject they need help in. Then, email the student's GPS teacher explaining that they will report to 351 for GPS.
Click on the link above to open a google form where you can enter strategies you have used with each of your current HAL students. Please complete this with each HAL student you have by MAY. Thanks for your support.
- An "Academic Plan" has been created to help underachieving HAL students (see example) below
- If you receive an email from Mrs. Brewer or Mrs. Menard, please respond so that we can use specific pieces of evidence in order to help these students improve in your classes
HAL Academic Action Plan (example)
Area of Concern/Issue:
Who/What was responsible for the concern or issue.
What is the NEW GOAL:
What will you plan to do?
What will you need to accomplish this step?
By what date?
What might get in the way of completing this step?
Suggestions from Facilitator to complete this step.
If I encounter difficulty in my classes, I will:
a. Talk with the teacher and arrange a time to get help.
b. Use my time in class and during study halls or GPS to work on the class.
c. Meet with my counselor or HAL facilitator.
d. Ask to be scheduled to the Peer Tutoring Center (room 351 during GPS).
e. Seek help with study skills (counseling or peer tutor center).
Next appointment to meet with HAL facilitators to monitor progress:
1. 2. 3.
Student Signature________________________________________________________________________________________ Date_______________________
HAL Facilitator Signature________________________________________________________________________________ Date_______________________
Need help with a differentiation strategy? Have concerns about a specific student identified to receive HAL Services? Do you have a general question about BW HAL Services that we could answer or direct you to someone who can? CLICK ABOVE