Staff and Partner Bulletin January 11, 2016
This Week at REA
The Week in the REA Community .
Monday, January 11, 2016 (A Day)
8:30-9:25– Hunter in Orange Pod First Floor’
Tuesday, January 12, 2016 (B Day)
7:55 Staff Meeting -Credit Recovery Room Warm Up JS and DW
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Orange Pod Second Floor
12:00 Mental Health Meeting Conference Room
2:00 Reading with the Principal Blue Pod
4:00 EIP Meeting- Myers leave the building by 3:00
7:00 Boy's Basketball Game vs DePaul Christo Rey AWAY
Wednesday, January 13, 2015 (A Day)
7:45 ILT Meeting - Library
8:45- Listening Session- Credit Recovery Room
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Green Pod Second Floor
Thursday, January 14, 2015 (A DAY)
8:00 Health Center Meeting
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Blue/Yellow Pod Second Floor2:30 Weekly HS Meeting-Green, Thomas, White
4:00 LSDMC- Library
Friday, January 15, 2015
Teacher Recommendations due.
7:00 Varsity Boy's Miami Christian Valley
Staff at Professional Development- Please see emails about locations.
Next Week At REA
Dr. Harris in Columbus
Monday: No School
Tuesday: Curriculum Council
Tuesday: Boy's Basketball Gamble
Wednesday: Partner Meeting
Wednesday: Scheduling training with district principals 4:00 Location might be a classroom on one.
Thursday: ASVAB 11:20-12:16
Thursday: Principal Leadership Myers out of building
Friday: Team Meetings
Friday: Myers out of building by 1:30 to meet with Dr. Lofton
Friday: Boy's Basketball CCPA
In the event of 2 hour delay
Also, if we have a two hour delay, we will start the faculty meeting at 8:45. Additionally, bring your device. We are doing an electronic staff survey.
Wednesday, Jan. 13th 2016 at 8:45-9:15am
Riverview East Credit Recovery Room
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Training on January 15th
How do we get there from here? Grades 7-12
Please be sure to respect the Visitor’s Parking areas. Those spots are for visitors of the Health Center and the school. Please do not park in those spots. If you need a parking pass, please see Ms. Auciello. There are Riverview Staff parking passes. If you never received one, again, please see Ms. Auciello.
The next Instructional Rounds will be January 28th at 9:15. Lead Teachers received a copy of the Action Steps. Please also note, the are below. This is feedback that is great for all of us to hear about our practice. We are trying to make learning and growing something that we do here. Please use the feedback to improve your instruction. Also, don't forget to celebrate the successes. There were many positive aspects of the Rounds. Some positives that they pointed out are the following:
1. Clear evidence of the Essential Question and utilizing Text-Sets in English Language Arts.
2. Proper usage of technology to match the needs of the course - part of the larger picture in
English Language Arts.
3. There is evidence of mindshift change around Math SpringBoard.
4. Words Walls and Unpacked Embedded Assessments are visible around the school.
5. Social Studies teachers have a strong understanding of their content.
6. There was high usage of technology in the Social Studies classrooms.
7. Science teachers were making a conscious effort to emphasize relationship building and teachers were for the most part on pace.
8. Middle School teachers have clearly embraced Google Classroom, in Science.
9. There is an emergence of formative assessment in Science.
10. Technology usage high across the building.
11. Classroom activities were engaging.
12.Website has a family and community engagement tab.
13. Effective Parent Reminder Board in the cafeteria.
14. Congratulations on your well attended and well planned 10th year anniversary!
15. Best functioning work skills class that has been seen
16. Engagement was high in workskills (utilizing Class Dojo and ST Math).
17. Curriculum and Classroom Management are strengths of Intervention Specialists.
Action steps include the following:
Areas of Focus:
1. In ELA, increase the rigor of the focus questions.
2. In Math, make the shift of utilizing the word wall in the SpringBoard framework.
3. In Social Studies, teachers should continue to build their technology skills, create a sense of urgency around classroom task completion, move projects into level 3 and 4 of Webb's Depth of Knowledge, and continue to emphasize academic vocabulary/word walls.
4. In Science, teachers should refer to the learning object more often (the "why" of what they are learning), use higher order questions, create more opportunities for writing in the content, and increase the percentage of hands on activities.
5. ITM reported that there was little to no usage of teacher devices and that laptops are not connected to the projectors.
6. Staff members need to be aware of who the My tomorrow*ed tech is and the process to reach out if problems arise.
7. Increase of the use of LAN School.
8. Parent Board needs to be updated to have My tomorrow*ed information.
9. Increase the visual appeal of the Parent Center to make it more inviting.
10. Create consistency amongst your study skills model.
11. Continue to encourage effective co-teaching.
The staff and the administration are all being held accountable for these items. We need to work towards improving or continuing these action steps. Thank you.
Assemblies This Week
1. We stressed the wearing of uniforms. The uniform policy can only work if we are all enforcing it. It is not an office only job. Please do not have us come to your classroom and remove jackets. There are are some classrooms where this is NEVER an issue. Please help us and please also do not put us in a position where we have to look to the teacher who is not enforcing school rules.
2. We stressed grades. We stressed grades with attendance in almost every assembly. We will be mailing report cards home next week. Please note we also stressed GPA in grades 7-12 but this concept should be reviewed as much as possible to all the grade levels.
3. We stressed Reasonable Request idea and the response to a reasonable request.
4. We reviewed safety and almost all of the classes were introduced to Officer Stephenson. We reviewed how to handle conflict appropriately and safely.
There were additional individual items, but these were the major items to be reinforced. Please review these with your classes in order for us to effectively support you in the classroom.
Four Square and evaluation info: The goal is to have all evaluations pinned by Monday or Tuesday. Please look for this. Additionally, we lost track of completing four squares with staff. We will begin this during the first week back. Our goal is to complete all unannounced and CWT’s by March 15th. Please plan accordingly. PLEASE CONSIDER PINNING YOUR EVALUATIONS. Pinning does not mean agreement. You may add comments if you desire. We will be around to talk to staff regarding evaluations. Honest. Thank you.
Professional Development Opportunities
Upcoming Mayerson Classes from the PD Committee:
Differentiation with the new CTES Rubric (1857.6614) – all teachers
11/24/15 and 12/16/15, 4:30 – 6:00 (Jacobs Center)
OR 1/27/16 and 2/24/16 (class number 1857.6615), 4:30 – 6:00 (Jacobs Center)
Co-teaching Roundtable: Interested in learning about co-teaching. Here are some dates to keep in mind:
1/13/16: Specially Designed Instruction, Accommodations, and Modifications
2/10/16: Instruction and Strategies
3/9/16: Instruction and Strategies
4/13/16: Data Collection
5/11/16: Becoming a Co-Teaching Model in Your Building