Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
*Reminder: No School on Monday, April 18th Tuesday will be "Day 3 " for Encore*
Lifework-Week of April 18th-22nd
- Monday: NO SCHOOL Read & log, IXL-10 minutes fractions practice-test Friday
- Tuesday: Read & log, Spelling-Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log, Spelling-ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log, Spelling-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read & log
Our current unit in social studies is First Americans. Key Concepts include:
- Powhatan, Lakota, Pueblo-compare and contrast lives and contributions
- Locating regions (Eastern Woodlands, Plains, Southwest) on a map
- Understand relationship between environment and culture
Our current unit in math is Unit 8 Fractions. Key concepts:
- Identify and write fractions of a region
- Identify and write fractions of a set
- Comparing unit fractions
*The Fractions test will be on Friday, April 22nd. IXL is a great study tool!
Spelling Words-Test 4/22/16
The Book Fair
The Book Fair will be open Tuesday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Families who prefer to shop online may do so beginning April 18 through May 8 at: http://bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/pennintonschool3
Orders are shipped free to the school and every purchase benefits our library program. Questions may be directed to Mrs. Lahann firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 530-4950.
The Scholastic Book Fair is next week. Parent volunteers are needed during the fair. Please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f4aa4a62dab9-spring or contact Mrs. Harding at email@example.com to offer your assistance. The success of our book fair depends on many willing hands. Thank you!
- 4/18 - NO SCHOOL-WORK DAY
- 4/19 - 4/22-BOOK FAIR
4/23 - SPRING BEAUTIFICATION DAY
4/25 - ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETING @ 6PM
4/26 - REPORT CARDS SENT HOME
5/3 - SPRING PICTURE DAY
Poem of the Month for April
A Caterpillar Crawled
A caterpillar crawled
To the top of the tree.
“I think I’ll take a nap,” said he.
So under a leaf he began to creep
To spin his cocoon,
And he fell asleep.
All winter long he slept in his bed,
‘Til spring came along one day and said,
“Wake up, wake up, little sleepyhead,
Wake up, it’s time to get out of bed.”
So he opened his eyes that sunshiny day.
Lo! He was a butterfly and flew away.
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music