Transfiguration School Newsletter
January 9th, 2023
News and Notes
Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Looking ahead- Don't forget that Monday, January 16th is martin Luther King Jr. Day and there is no school. Friday, January 20th is an 11:45 Dismissal for a faculty meeting.
Catholic Schools week is January 29th to February 3rd. We will kick it off with an open house/ Dinner and Bingo on January 28th. I have included information on Catholic Schools Week below. We will be sending out more information tomorrow, but this is an outline of the week with the various dress down days.
Today is the last day to register for Winter Enrichment Classes! No Exceptions.
Thank you and have a wonderful week!
Catholic Schools Week! January 29th- February 3rd
Saturday 1/28- Catholic Schools week Kick Off!!
- School Open House 4:00-5:00: Current parents, newly registered parents, prospective parents and parish families are invited to see the gym and visit our classroom. We will have a raffle for a brand-new TV!
- 5:00 Mass: Students will participate at Mass. If Students wear their uniform, they will receive a NUT card.
- Spaghetti Dinner following Mass - Join us in the church basement for a delicious Spaghetti Dinner and Bingo Games!!
Monday: Transfiguration Celebrates our Community!
Color wars: Students will dress and accessorize in their class color
3rd- Royal Blue
4th- Sky Blue
8th - Gold
Tuesday: Transfiguration celebrates our students!
- Dress down
Wednesday: Transfiguration celebrates our nation and our military!
- Bake Sale for Wounded Warriors
- Patriotic Dress Down: Students will show their patriotism by wearing red, white and blue or camo clothes to school.
Thursday- Transfiguration Celebrates our Heritage!
- Heritage Day Luncheon- Each class will hold a class party with foods from the heritages of the students. It will be organized with a sign up genius so there is not too much or too little food for each grade. Class Parents will organize the food and the party. Recess at 12:00 and lunch at 12:30-1:15
- Geography Fair/Showcase: The 5th-8th grades will hold a Geography Fair in the gym. They will present their reports on a country they have researched. Family is invited to visit. K-4th will showcase projects they have worked on in the gym. They will not present.
- Uniform Day
Friday- Transfiguration celebrates our school and our Parish!! 11:45 Dismissal
- School Spirit dress down
Poster Contest- Grades 4-8!
Calling all Artists!
The Middle School is hosting a poster contest; all students in grades 4 -8 are invited to participate.
The theme for the poster is “All Roads Lead to Transfiguration!” The winning poster will be proudly displayed in the school lobby during Catholic Schools week. Join the contest to win some exciting prizes! All submissions are due by Friday, January 13th.
From the Parents' Guild
Registration is still open for our Winter after school clubs. Please note:
- Registration is first come, first served
- Registration closes TODAY - we are unable to add any students after TODAY!
The following classes may not run unless we can satisfy minimum enrollment:
- Hip-Hop (now open to Pre-K!) currently has 4 students enrolled and needs 6 more to run!
New Student Admissions
Applications for new students for the 23-24 school year is now open. This includes ALL incoming Kindergarten students, even if your child is here for PK4. Please share this information with any family and friends who are thinking of attending our school. To apply to our school, click on the following link: https://mytads.com/a/transfigurationschooltarrytown.
Monday, January 16th- MLK Day No School
Friday, January 20th-11:45 Dismissal
Friday, January 27th- End of 2nd Quarter
Saturday- January 28th- Catholic Schools Weeke Kick Off!!