Ed Tech Tips with E. Mosier
Make your classroom more E-fficient!
Ditch That Textbook
The Ditch That Textbook Digital Summit
A Preview of the Presenters
As mentioned, there are nine different presenters and a valuable message from each of them. The exceptional roster of presenters include:
- Two Global Teacher Prize finalists
- A New York Times best-selling author
- State and national teachers of the year
- Creators of some of your favorite teaching resources online
The full schedule is below, but the accolades each of these individuals carry is astonishing, plus have I mentioned that this entire thing is FREE?!
The Summit Schedule
So, what kinds of presentations can I expect at this Summit? Here's the full schedule:
1.Play a Mystery Skype game without doing a Skype call. (Mike Soskil — Dec. 16, 2016)
2. Do magnetic poetry activities in Google Drawings. (Kasey Bell — Dec. 17, 2016)
3. Let’s reframe how we look at homework. (Alice Keeler — Dec. 18, 2016)
4. Make an emotional attachment to content. (Dave Burgess — Dec. 19, 2016)
5. Use the Hyperdocs method of lesson design. (Hyperdocs Girls —Dec. 20, 2016)
6. Try new ideas you’re nervous about when other teachers are “wasting time” anyway. (John Spencer — Dec. 21, 2016)
7. Expose your students to diversity through video calls. (Skype Master Teachers — Dec. 22, 2016)
8. Empower students to “Give me five.” (Paul Solarz — Dec. 23, 2016)
9. Don’t get “paralysis by analysis.” (Noah Geisel — Dec. 24, 2016)
If you'd like to read a sneak peek of each of these presentations, Matt composed a blog post on Monday December 12 outlining them.