Week of September 23-27, 2019
Para ver esta informacion en español siga los siguientes pasos
Cuando reciba esta carta por correo electrónico presione donde sea en la página.
Cuando se habrá esta página en la internet, siga hasta el fondo de la página hasta encontrar un botón que dice “Translate”. Presione el botón y luego escoja el lenguaje "Spanish".
Reminder for DATA Parents
2. Please make sure to sign them in or out in our blue form in the front desk.
3. If you are here for a meeting with a teacher or staff please check in with the office staff first. You will need to sign in as a visitor and take a yellow visitors sticker. Also please advise we will let the staff or teacher know you are present and they will come to greet you or they will let us know their directives. Please wait until we communicate with you before walking to any office or classroom.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. This is for your student's safety.
Events for this week
PIZZA WITH THE PRINCIPAL!
Thursday, Sep. 26th, 11am-11pm
186 East Thompson Boulevard
20% of proceeds will be donated to DATA! Principal Cervantes will be there to enjoy the evening with the DATA Community!
Your child received a printed flier in their class today.
Friday, September 27th is a Spirit Day with Meme Theme!
Cross Country Meet
Friday, Sep. 27th, 3-5pm
255 West Stanley Avenue
Vision and Hearing Screening Volunteers Needed
Hello DATA family,
Our mandated Vision and Hearing screening is scheduled to take place on October 14th and 15th this year. We are looking for volunteers to help us.
Please call Patty in the Health Office if you are available to help at 805 641-5165 EXT 1005. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Wednesday, Oct. 2nd, 6:30-7:30pm
255 West Stanley Avenue
September is National Emergency Preparedness Month
Other Resources and Events
ASES-After School Education and Safety Program 2019-2020
The Ventura Avenue Library Homework Center
A new school year has begun and the students are back in their normal routines for studying, reading new books, taking tests, and completing homework assignments.
The Ventura Avenue Library Homework Center (HWC) supports students and is committed to working with you to provide them with every opportunity to have successful, enjoyable, and fulfilling learning experiences.
We encourage students to stay on track by offering:
- Subject Matter Experts ready to provide Individual Homework Assistance in all Subject Areas
- Multiple Resources including Texts, Reference Materials, Workbooks, Flashcards, etc. to help Students increase their overall Knowledge and Skill Levels
- Free Computer Access
- Free Printing (B / W and Color)
- Supervised and Quiet Place to Study
Safety Reminders for Drivers
- If you approach a pedestrian crossing at a corner or other crosswalk, even if the crosswalk is in the middle of the block, at a corner with or without traffic signal lights, whether or not the crosswalk is marked by painted lines, you are required to exercise caution and reduce your speed, or stop if necessary, to ensure the safety of the pedestrian.
- Do not pass a vehicle stopped at a crosswalk. A pedestrian you cannot see may be crossing the street. Stop and proceed when all pedestrians have crossed the street.
- Do not stop in a crosswalk. You will place pedestrians in danger.
- Allow sufficient time for pedestrians to cross the road.
- Obey signs pertaining to pedestrians.
Safety Reminders for Students
- Students must listen to DATA Staff when crossing the street as we are there to ensure student safety.
- Students should look left, right and left again before crossing the street. Then continue looking until safely across.
- It’s always best to walk on sidewalks or paths and cross at street corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Students should abide by traffic signals failing to do so can result in a citation.
Resource for Parents
Job & Career Fair at County of Ventura Government Center
Thursday, Sep. 26th, 10am-1pm
800 South Victoria Avenue
We would like to spread the news regarding this awesome job fair occurring in case any of our parents are interested.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC All County of Ventura Agencies will be Represented
Learn about careers in: Administration & Support Services, Engineering, Environmental Protection, Planning, Agriculture, Health Care, Law Enforcement, Public Safety, Public Works, Recreational Services, Social & Public Services, Technology, and much more!
For more details please click the link below: