Hello GOAL Families!
Here is what we have been up to this week.....
WE NEED YOUR DOCUMENTS AND PAPER TO SHRED! Please bring anything you need shredded to GOAL and our participants who work in Gator Shredding will take care of it for you. The shredding service is free but donations are welcome.
- enjoyed the sunshine and nice weather while walking/running outside on the track.
- wrote about "spring" and did an "April" calendar page.
Skills for Independence
- continued to talk about feelings and friendly vs. unfriendly actions.
- discussed the "Orange Circle"- how to act with children you do not know.
- prepared a meal that was auctioned at the Gator Gala.
- read and learned about "The Ocean Cleanup" project in the Netherlands and we discussed the importance of the oceans, recycling and our roles in the matter.
- reviewed some stress-relief exercises through yoga.
- worked on expressing likes and dislikes from our "favorites bucket" in front of the class.
- reviewed 2D shapes and started talking about 3D shapes.
- filled in the April calendar.
- practiced calculator skills.
- moved the tomatoes from the greenhouse to the garden.
- reviewed family words and read about spring weather.
- filled cups with goodies for our volunteers.
- worked on making beaded crosses.
- made items for the GOS store.
Mothers day is coming up on May 8th, be sure to check out items made by our Production Room class such as sugar scrubs, beaded hearts and wooden hearts with scriptures on them.
Scholarship Opportunity for Adults!
Ruby’s Rainbow is a non-profit organization that provides scholarships. Their goal at Ruby’s Rainbow is to grant scholarships to adults with Down syndrome seeking post secondary education, enrichment or vocational classes who feel that higher education is the right choice for them. If you are interested in applying for a Ruby Rainbow Scholarship go to https://rubysrainbow.org and click the apply now tab!