The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of October 14, 2019
What will you learn about the world by sharing stories from your life & the lives of others?
School Closed-Columbus Day
Monday, Oct. 14th, 12am
Home Sweet Home
Lesson Plans DUE
Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 8am
- To the Gr2 Team: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch period this week. If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives, share questions or just have a laugh...let me know!
Building Evacuation Drill
Wednesday, Oct. 16th, 1pm
Gr3 Team Meeting
Wednesday, Oct. 16th, 3pm
Ms. Rondeau's Classroom
- SEL Activities
- Read Alouds & Domain 1
- Recess Review
- NSF in Guided Reading - Videos
Thursday, Oct. 17th, 9am-2pm
Small Conference Room
The Principal's POV on...our PLC's & the POWER of Flexibility
As Venables states, the two areas most worthy of our focus during PLC's (and that have the biggest impact on student learning) include: focusing on the "hows" of instruction (NOT what and when, which is frequently the focus) and on building social capital among team members (this is where our faculty presentations & SEL activities come in!). In an effort to keep both of these concepts at the forefront of what we do, I thought we could shift gears and use our grade level meeting time to co-plan and review the "hows" of our upcoming Math and/or ELA units.
Take a moment over the long weekend to review the info-graphic below and click here to check out Venables' article. Most importantly, don't forget to share your thoughts on how the categories below that will impact your HOW's of instruction! Thank you for a fantastic week & have a great weekend!
News & Notes
F&P Benchmarks: We will be benchmarking during the week of 10/21 (all data is due on 10/30). Please talk with your grade level team establish a "release day" schedule and to book your subs. The sooner we get this into source, the better chance we have of ensuring coverage.
Gr3 Team Meeting: Please take a moment between now and Wednesday to talk about which "NSF Guided Reading" videos you wanted to watch.
Fossil Park Fun
TY to Ms. Budney and her team for arranging this fantastic schoolwide trip!
Words to Inspire...
YOU are the strategy!
SEL in Action
Gr2 is writing about our weekly SEL stories!
Words to Inspire...
YOU are the strategy!
Bullock's BOOM Board! Shout-outs from the Staff!
Thank you Castro for doing number strings with my kids. They absolutely love it!!! Simone
- A huge thank you to Budney, Marian, Katie, and Michelle for making sure that all of our friends were included in the fossil trip!!!
- Laure- Thanks for organizing the fossil trip! The kids had a great time! Also, thank you for making our awesome Rocket Math rocket.
- Kassie-Thanks for all the behind the scenes work you do for our grade level!
- Thanks Enrique for working hard to get out third grade laptops out! We appreciate you and all you do for technology!
- Nicole thanks for always feeding me at lunch! You’re the best!
- Nicole Werner thank you for always be available to help in the front office.
- Thank you Kim Tursi for always making me laugh. It makes my day a little easier.
- Susana Albarouki your smile makes our school brighter.
- Amy Masso a BIG THANK YOU for always checking on us in the front office.
- Heather Stewart is was so sweet that you came into school to shared your beautiful baby girl “Savannah Faith”
- Thanks to Laure for working out all the details to ensure that one of our students could have full access to the fossil park trip
- Thanks Aileen, Ms. Rondeau, and Nina for helping address a student concern
- Great job on the Rocket Mrs. Budney!
- I wanted to give Robyn Sauer a shout out! “Thank you for being the best mentor and letting me bother you every day”
- Thank you for planning the Fossil Park Trip Laure! -Kassie
- Rita thanks for listening! -Kassie
- Thank you Rita for planning the field trip to Franklin Institute. Kassie thank you for putting the birthday list together.
- Mrs. Raynor thank you for all your help and everything you do for everyone.
- Castro keep doing what you do. You’re a fantastic person, educator and colleague.
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 10/07: Week of Respect (10/7-10/10)
- 10/09: Gr2 Team Meeting
- 10/10: Back-to-School Night
- 10/11: School Closed (Teacher Inservice)
- 10/12: School Closed (Columbus Day)
- 10/16: Gr3 Team Meeting
- 10/17: CAST Meetings
- 10/21: New Teacher Academy (w/Mrs. Sochor), F&P Window OPENS
- 10/25: Star Student Luncheon
- 10/28: Special Areas Meeting
- 10/31: Halloween Parade (1:30)