Whats the deal?
Whats it for us?
Hurricanes being as powerful as there are, they leave a mess for us to clean and make death possible. A BIG mess can leave us cleaning for days even for months. They leave cars hanging from trees, houses flat on the ground, people scared for there family, trees broken, and big pools on the streets. About 1,800 people die because of hurricanes.
Hurricane Category 1
The wind here is about 74-95 mph
Hurricane Category 3
The wind here is about 111-130 mph
Hurricane Category 5
The wind here is about 155+ mph
Before The Hurricane Season ...
- Learn location of official shelters
- Buy food that will keep and store drinking water
- Trim trees and shrubbery
- Check emergency equipment, such as flashlights, generators, and etc
- Review your insurance policy
- Be READY when hurricane hits your area
During A Hurricane..
- Listen to the local radio or television forecasts.
- Stay away from low-lying, flood prone areas, and windows
- Always stay indoors during a hurricane, because strong winds will blow things around.
- Leave mobile homes to go to a shelter if your in a WARNING area
- If your home isn’t on higher ground that may cause flooding , go to a shelter.
- If emergency managers say to evacuate, then do so immediately
Hurricane Sandy: Super Storm Slams East Coast States
After A Hurricane...
- Keep listening to radio to see if it safe to come out
- Avoid weakened bridges and washed out roads
- Watch out for closed roads and flooded roads
- Once home, check gas, water, and electrical lines and appliances for damage
- If your area is a MESS then help out