September 28, 2020
Dear Field Parents and Guardians,
We hope this week has gone well for you and your children. Thank you for your continued partnership and support in these unusual times.
Today was the deadline for completing the form in the Parent Portal of PowerSchool so that we know whether your child(ren) will participate in the in-person hybrid or the fully remote learning plan. If you selected the hybrid learning plan, you'll hear from us soon about whether your child(ren) will attend on Monday/Tuesday or on Thursday/Friday.
In terms of our remote learning, a few reminders:
- Thank you for your support with attendance! If your child is having trouble logging in, please call the main office at (847) 318-4385. You are also able to enter a technical support ticket through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Please remember that if your child is unmuted we are able to hear conversations occurring in your home. We recommend headphones for children, if possible.
- Children may need assistance and guidance with technology, their schedule, and assignment directions; please try to guide and encourage rather than complete tasks for them. Often a "I do, we do, you do" method is helpful when supporting your child. This is where you might model or demonstrate something, your child tries it alongside you, and then your child completes it independently. We hope that this is helpful and reassuring information to read.
I also wanted to share this letter related to Erin's Law. You may have seen this during Parent Night, as well. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.
We hope you enjoy the weekend!
Mrs. Courtney Goodman
Park Ridge-Niles School District 64’s mission is as follows:
Inspire every child to discover, learn, achieve, and care.
A note from the LRC & Mrs. Schaab
Hi Rockin' Readers! We have had so much positive feedback for getting books into kids hands! THANK YOU! We love that your children LOVE reading! We are now going to shift away from only offering books at materials pick up, and now offer book check out every other week, alternating grade level bands. So starting Monday, we will be checking out books for our K-2 readers. If you are interested in having books pulled for your child, please fill out the form below.
If you received books at materials pick up (or still have ones at home from last year), we would appreciate you returning those books to school when you come to pick up new ones.
All books checked out at this time will be due in two weeks from the checkout date, then quarantined for 7 days, following the current CDC and ALA guidelines. This is brand new to us as librarians and we are expecting there to be some kinks... and for our youngest learners, we think having grown ups involved is the best solution. If you have an older child (grades 3-5), they are submitting requests through Destiny Discover.
If you have students in both K-2 & 3-5 (my life story), I'm happy to check out to your family during one of the weeks. Just email me and let me know and we can pull from Destiny as well.
Both pick up and drop off will occur in the school office for right now. We are working on an outdoor contact free solution for easier returns and pick ups! PLEASE ALLOW 24 hours for your pickup to be ready! We will be checking the form during lunch and at the beginning and end of each day. So immediate service will not be possible. Mrs. Bauer and I like to think that we are rockstars, but we still need to teach classes as well. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Schaab at firstname.lastname@example.org. I LOVE reading physical books and if I can share that with students, I am going to do my best to do that! Thank you!
Here is the form to request: http://bit.ly/k2bookpufi2
Looking for parent access to Schoology?
Dates to Remember
- Monday, October 5th: Student Materials Pick-up #3 (see flyer for details)
- Friday, October 9th: Remote learning planning day (no student attendance)
- Monday, October 12th: No School
- Tuesday, October 13th: First day of in-person hybrid for K-1 students
- Thursday, October 15th: Parent-Teacher conferences (your teacher will share information with you soon about sign up)
- Monday, October 19th: First day of in-person hybrid for all students
- Tuesday, October 20th: Parent-Teacher conferences
- Thursday, October 22nd: Parent-Teacher conferences
District 64 Remote Learning Plan
Your child should login by clicking "student" and the "login with google". Keep an eye out for information from your child's teacher about Family Seesaw access!
See what’s going on in our community!
From the library to the park district, our communities of Park Ridge-Niles have lots to offer, even virtually. For information on all the latest happenings, be sure to check the Community Info & Events webpage.