About this edition
This Gazette issue contains 3 sections.
- General Information for ALL families
- In-Person Learning Information
- Virtual Learning Information
Please subscribe to our school messenger
If you selected virtual, attendance will take attendance in the morning and after lunch just as we do at school by joining the classroom teacher's live virtual session.
- Daily attendance is important for student success and required by law for all grade K-12 students.
- If your child is unable or not attending the virtual sessions, Grewenow staff will contact your family to support consistent school attendance (virtual or in-person).
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs 2020 Slogan Contest
Students, consider participating in the Greater Kenosha Community ATOD Awareness contests.
From slogans, to posters to writing/language arts contests, get creative and share your preventive ideas on living a healthy, drug free lifestyle this school year. There will be many opportunities to get involved.
Please contact Mrs. Wideman, our school social worker with any questions.
In-Person Learning Information
Arrival and Dismissal
- Door Map
- Blue and Yellow "G"s on the black top surfaces. Before schools students will line up in their row on either color.
- Classrooms will be let into school at staggered times. The first wave will start entering the building at 7:15AM
- After school, the yellow G's can be meeting points for families with multiple students to go to. Parents/guardians may stand on a yellow G to meet their children
- Call 262-359-6362
- Paperwork: can be emailed (email@example.com) or fax 262-359-7706
- Drop something off, ring bell at Door 1 and place it in the Door way
If you need to pick your child up early, call the office ahead of time so we can have them ready. When you arrive, you can come to Door 1 and ring the bell, OR call the office, and we will send them out Door 1 (the new main entrance)
Cleaning and Health & safety
If you have information about what the measures will look like specifically in your child's classroom, you may direct questions to teachers. For school-wide questions call the main office.
Families can help your child at home by:
- Building endurance with wearing a facemask at home
- Encouraging frequent handwashing
- Understanding what social distancing means & how far 6 feet looks
- Talking about "KHFOOTY" (Kah-foot-ee) or Keeping Hands Feet and All Other Objects To Yourself
School Closures for Confirmed Cases
- All affected students and their families will receive timely notification via phone call
- All teachers will be using the district virtual platforms to that learning can shift to home for the duration of the closure/quaratine.
Virtual Learning Information
Virtual Hours of the School Day
- Monday - Thursday 8:30AM - 2:15PM
- Friday 8:30AM - 11:00AM
Note: These end times are the last teacher period ends, but at-home work may continue past this time.
Supplied Curriculum Materials
- All K-5 students will receive math manipulatives, a white board, workbooks, books, etc. to supplement their virtual learning. A date to pick up the first set of materials will be held September 8th (7:30 - 3:00) & 10th (2-4PM & 5-6:30).
- Students will be able to check out books from the school library. We will be using an online book request system for students to request books. We will have curbside pickup times for families of virtual students to come and pick up/return books.
- Material pickups will be scheduled each week on Mondays from 9:30 - 12:30 and Thursdays 11:30 - 3:00 so students have the materials for the upcoming lessons, library books they may have checked out, or any other items they may normally receive in person.
1:1 Technology Devices for ALL (Hotspots an option too!)
Families who need internet access may also request a "Hotspot". If you have not requested a Hotspot or you have more questions about devices, you may do so/learn more using the following link. If you have questions, please call the Grewenow School Office.
- Families will order their lunch/breakfast by calling the Food Service office – 359-6050. Orders must be received by 8:30am.
- Lunch will be distributed Monday through Thursday at Door 11 from 12:00 - 12:30PM and Fridays from 11:30 - 12:00PM
This link will take you to classroom webpages where our teachers post classroom resources and newsletters.