St. Bede School
Just a reminder that in addition to regular paperwork, we need to have specific medical forms on file for some grade levels students to be enrolled at St. Bede School and in compliance with the State of Illinois requirements to attend school:
- Preschool students new to St. Bede School need to have a completed physical and have proof of immunization.
- Kindergarten students must have a physical, dental, and vision exam.
- 2nd-grade students will need to have a dental exam; and
- 6th-grade students will need a dental exam and a physical with proof of immunization
Please submit these forms to the school office before the start of school.
With the start of the new school year just around the corner, I wanted to make sure that everyone had an opportunity to see the Archdiocese of Chicago's anticipated safety protocols and operational guidance for the upcoming school year that was emailed to parents earlier this week. The plan is to return to near-normal, pre-pandemic school operations while maintaining select safety protocols to ensure a healthy, in-person learning environment.
St. Bede School Operating Procedures 2021-22
- School Masses will resume.
- Students will be allowed to change classrooms, and there will no longer be cohorts. However, every classroom will maintain an assigned seating chart since any necessary quarantines will be limited to only the students closest to any COVID-positive student (i.e., fellow students seated in front, back, left, or right).
- All extracurricular activities, athletics, theater, music, clubs, field trips, etc., will resume.
- The before- and after-Extended Day Care program will continue.
- The library, gym, science lab, locker rooms, and computer lab will reopen.
- Students will change into their P.E. uniforms for Gym class. Students will wear their regular school uniforms to school every day.
- Wellness checks or staggered drop-off/pick-up schedules will no longer be required.
- Parent volunteers will be allowed back in the school building.
- As of this writing, no masks will be required for fully vaccinated students, teachers, or staff. The no mask for vaccinated individuals policy is subject to change. Guidance regarding masks for unvaccinated individuals will be released soon.
St. Bede School Safety Protocols 2021-2022
- Students who are ill or are experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms MUST stay home.
- We will follow prevailing local health department guidelines concerning quarantines.
- Any student without a COVID-19 vaccination card on file, who is determined to be in close contact, will immediately be quarantined until proof of vaccination is received
- Classrooms and activities will be arranged to maintain 3 feet of physical distancing indoors whenever possible.
- Schools will maintain daily cleaning procedures for desks and high traffic areas.
- Students and staff will be encouraged to sanitize hands upon arrival to the classroom and throughout the day as a good hygiene practice and use water bottles instead of drinking directly from water fountains.
- Proof of vaccination will be necessary for contact tracing purposes and to ensure that vaccinated students, if exposed, are not included in any quarantine requirements. Vaccination information will be kept confidential, as with all other student records and medical history.
For the sake of everyone's health and our collective ability to fully overcome the COVID-19 virus, we encourage vaccinations for faculty, staff, and students over the age of 12.
The Archdiocese of Chicago's Office of Catholic Schools has sent out a survey to all Archdiocesan school parents/guardians regarding wearing masks this upcoming school year. Would you please take a minute to complete this as it is crucial that all respond to this very important survey as soon as possible? The survey is brief (three questions), confidential, and anonymous.
The Archdiocese of Chicago has applied for funding to provide Chromebooks for all students through the FCC's Emergency Connectivity Fund. I have let the Archdiocese know of St. Bede School's interest in this program. Due to the timing and availability of devices through this grant, new Chromebooks may not arrive until November/December and possibly later than that. As a parent who has already ordered and paid for your child's Chromebook, we have two options for you:
- Rent a newer Chromebook from the school for mid-August – November/December – approximately $50-$75 – This is just an estimate. We are waiting on the official price of the computer from Archangel Tablets.
- Go forward with the purchase of the new Chromebook for the family - $275.
We are still looking for a part-time (2 days a week) Music teacher and several part-time positions to help with our Extended Day Program (EDP) for the upcoming school year. We are looking for both before and after-school employees. If you know someone interested in teaching or working at St. Bede, please send them my way. For more information about the EDP positions, please get in touch with Mary Kay Gontarek at either (847) 587-7157 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the start of the school year quickly approaching, many events are already planned as we welcome students, parents, and staff back to school. Please check the Calendar of Events on the St. Bede School website for updates.
See you soon!
New Parent Orientation
Wednesday, Aug. 11th, 6:30pm
36399 North Wilson Road
RSVPs are enabled for this event.