LVJHS Weekly Bulletin 10/16/2015
Dear LVJHS Family,
We had so many great things happen on our campus this week! For one, it was spirit week and our kids and staff had a great time dressing up to celebrate Homecoming Week! Additionally, on Tuesday, our RtI Teachers met with Mrs. Zinnsmeyer, our Region 20 RtI Contact, to continue and align our RtI practices with best practice. On Wednesday, we went through the Lead4ward nine step data process with our core subject teams. This experience allowed us to diagnose our "Big Rocks" or TEKS that need to be re-mediated for all students to achieve at higher levels. I was impressed the level of knowledge our staff had in terms of predicting our Big Rocks. Moving forward, we will utilize the PLC Process and collaboration to improve instruction with high yield teaching strategies to move those Big Rocks out of the way!
Friday was also a big day on our campus. Mr. Villanueva, Mrs. Hubert, and I were called into the 600 workroom. There we each were treated to cards, Cakes, balloons, and other goodies from our staff, all in honor of Bosses' Day. We cannot thank each and every staff member enough for your kindness and generosity. It our pleasure to serve you and our students! Additionally, we want to thank Dr. Moreno and our other bosses at central office for leading, supporting, guiding, and serving us as a campus! We are all a team in our mission to serve our students!
Thank you all for making LVJHS a great place for students!
La Vernia Junior High School
Link 1: Please watch the Lead4ward "Rocktober" Video. The video has some great advice about the importance of staying focused as educators in the month of October.
Link 2: Please check out Lead4ward.com to check out some powerful learning tools. Visit the link below to see some awesome instructional strategies. These are available in STAAR4ward in the Lead4ward website. You may check out STAAR4ward Resources in Lead4ward by using "learn2lead" in the password area.
7th Grade Field Trip
Mr. Trager and Mrs. Martin took a group of seventh grade students to Mission Rancho De Las Cabras for a celebration put on by the Wilson County Historical Society.
8th Grade Science Classes
Mrs. Powell and Mrs. Richardson had students conducting scientific experiments this week...
6th Grade Science Classes
Mrs. Rodriguez had her students exploring chemical changes through hands on learning activities.
7th Grade Field Trip
8th Grade Science Classes
Staff Spotlight: Sunny Meek
We are proud to announce Mrs. Meek as our staff spotlight for the week! She is an outstanding member of our team, and continually problem solves effectively as well as generates outstanding ideas to help students learn creatively and successfully. Mrs. Meek provides unconditional support to classroom teachers. Her optimistic attitude and love for student learning is highly contagious! Thank you for all you do, Mrs. Meek!
Fundamental Five Focus...
Recognize and reinforce is an essential instructional practice to provide students an environment that is safe and secure for all students to learn. Personalizing that recognition for all students in your classroom can be difficult, but recognizing students will motivate them to work harder. Create a home field advantage in your classroom everyday by Recognizing and Reinforcing student effort!
LVJHS Food Service Team
Second Nine Weeks at a Glance
- October 23, 2015: End of 1st 9 Weeks
- October 23, 2015: Grades are Due for 1st 9 wk Report Card by 4:30PM
- October 26, 22015: LVJHS Volleyball vs Mountain Valley (7th/8th grade @ HOME)
- October 29, 2015: LVJHS Football vs Pleasanton (7/8th grade @ HOME)
- Oct. 26, 2015 Beginning of Sem 1 Cycle 2 (2nd ) 9 week Grading Period
- Oct. 26, 2015 LVJHS vs Mountain Valley (7th/8th grade HOME) (Volleyball)
- Oct. 26-30, 2015 Red Ribbon Week
- Oct. 26-30, 2015 LVJHS Book Fair in the La Vernia Jr. High Library
- Oct. 27, 2015 PTO MEETING @ 9:00 am
- Oct. 28, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 1 (9wk) Report Card Issued
- Oct. 29, 2015 LVJHS vs Pleasanton 7th/8th grade @ HOME (Football)
- Oct. 29, 2015 PEP RALLY
- October 30, 2015: Early Release/Staff Development
- Nov. 1, 2015 LVJHS VB vs Gonzales @Gonzales (5:00PM)
- Nov. 16, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (3 wk) Progress Report Grades are DUE
- Nov. 17, 2015 PTO MEETNG @ 9:00am
- Nov. 18, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (3 wk) Progress Report Grades ISSUED
- Nov. 23-27, 2015 THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Dec. 14, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (6 wk) Progress Report Grades DUE
- Dec. 15, 2015 JH Band Concert
- Dec. 15, 2015 PTO MEETING @ 9:00am
- Dec. 16, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (6 wk) Progress Report Grades ISSUED
- Dec. 16, 2015 HISTORY FAIR
- DEC. 18, 2015 EARLY RELEASE/STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- DEC. 21-JAN 4 WINTER BREAK>>>HOLIDAY
- JAN. 4, 2015 STUDENT HOLIDAY; STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Jan. 11, 2015 School Board Meeting
- Jan. 15, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (9 wk) Report Card Grades are DUE
- Jan. 19, 2015 Semester 2 BEGINS
- Jan. 20, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (9 wk) Report Card ISSUED