Welcome to the BHS Express
A newsletter keeping you informed about Batavia High School
March 3, 2023
Andrea Conner, BHS Principal
Hello Bulldog Families.
Happy Friday to all of our families!
BHS is busy throughout the next few weeks in preparation for the end of the quarter and for a very eventful day on Tuesday, March 14. Make sure to reference the “notes” section below so you don’t miss anything!
Thursday, March 9 is the end of the third quarter. Please check in with your students to make sure they have no missing work. It’s hard to believe that we will soon be heading into the fourth quarter. As the weather continues to improve, student focus becomes a challenge, so your support is critical to your students’ success.
Here is a quick read about why parental involvement is important in a child’s education. 3 Reasons Why All Parents Should Be Involved in Their Child's Education
Thank you for your continued support, and reach out if you have any questions.
In service to our Bulldogs.
Andrea Conner, High School Principal
Snapshots from BHS
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING
- March 4, 2023: Batavia Band Boosters Quarter Auction. Batavia Band Boosters Quarter Auction
- March 7, 2023: Please sign up for our final Parent/Teacher Conferences for this school year. They will run from 4:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Please sign up via this link: March 7 Parent/Teacher Conference Sign Ups
- We have a very rich day planned for all of our BHS students on March 14, 2023! This day is designated as the state-funded ACT Testing Day for our juniors, so our dedicated teachers have been working together to plan valuable experiences for our freshmen, sophomores and our seniors. Click on this link to review what your student(s) will be doing on March 14. BHS March 14 Grade-Level Activities
- All students who must take either prescription or over-the-counter medications at school must have proper documentation on file in the high school clinic. Students may not carry their own medications or take them throughout the school day without following proper procedures. If you have questions, please call the high school at 513-732-2341 and ask for the school nurse.
- The following link contains information that was reviewed at the 8th Grade High School Scheduling Meeting that was held on Wednesday, February 8, 2023. Review this information to stay informed about your student's high school scheduling experience. Class of 2027 Scheduling Presentation
UPCOMING IMPORTANT UPDATES
March 4, 2023: Band Boosters Quarter Auction: Doors open at 5:00 p.m. See Flyer Above
March 7, 2023: Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-7:30
March 9, 2023: Last day of 3rd Quarter
March 9, 2023: Engineering Field Trip
March 9, 2023: BPA State Competition
March 10, 2023: NO SCHOOL for students. Staff PD/Work Day
March 10, 2023: BPA State Competition
March 13, 2023: First day of 4th Quarter
March 14, 2023: Juniors take state-funded ACT test and CPR/AED (details noted above)
March 14, 2023: Freshmen College Visit Field Trip (details noted above)
March 14, 2023: Sophomores take LEAP ACT Diagnostic Test (details noted above)
March 14, 2023: Seniors service learning and CPR/AED (details noted above)
March 22, 2023: Local Scholarship Interview Day for Seniors
March 23-25, 2023: Spring Musical at 7:00 p.m. at Batavia Elementary School
March 26, 2023: Spring Musical at 2:00 p.m. at Batavia Elementary School
March 28, 2023: ELA II Part I EOC test (Students not taking assessment arrive by 9:30 a.m. Students who must ride the bus will have a study hall.)
March 29, 2023: ELA II Part II EOC test (Students not taking assessment arrive by 9:30 a.m. Students who must ride the bus will have a study hall.)
March 29, 2023: 7:00 p.m.: Live webinar for families of 10th and 11th grade students concerning college-readiness testing. Reference the flyer above.
April 3-10, 2023: Spring Break
INFORMATION FROM THE BHS GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
Check out the Batavia High School Guidance Counselor website.
Your Guidance Counselors are:
9th - 12th Grade Counselor A-L
(513) 732-2341 ext: 7037
9th - 12th Grade Counselor M-Z
(513) 732-2341 ext: 7036
- Batavia Local Scholarship Application for BHS Seniors
- Local Scholarship applications have been distributed or emailed to all students in the class of 2023. These are scholarships that are for BHS students from our Alumni Association, local businesses and community members. Please encourage your students to complete and submit this application if they plan on attending any type of post-secondary training or schooling that requires tuition or payment; college, technical school, trade school, etc. Completed applications and essays are due to the guidance office by 2:30 on Wednesday March 15. Any student that submits an application will be required to participate in the interview day on March 22. Scholarship awards will be presented at Senior awards night on May 11. Good luck to all students!
- BHS Hope Squad Clothing Drive
- A huge thank you to all of the students and families that brought in items for our BHS clothing and shoe drive. A lot of very needed items were collected and will be delivered to GLAM (Give Like A Mother) next week. Your generosity is very appreciated!
INFORMATION FROM THE BATAVIA ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
Mark Pierson, Athletic Director
Tim Young, Assistant Athletic Director
Link to Athletic Website:https://bataviaathletics.com/
BATAVIA HIGH SCHOOL OFFICE CONTACTS
513-732-2341, ext. 7051
Matt Buis, Assistant Principal
513-732-2341, ext. 7052
Melissa Anstaett, Administrative Assistant
513-732-2341, ext. 7055
Edie Strine, Administrative Assistant
513-732-2341, ext. 7054
If your student is absent, call
513-732-2341 and leave a message on the attendance line