Update From Annie Hawker
Teacher Leadership Instructional Specialist
Mount Vernon Mission & Vision
Fostering growth and confidence as learners and people.
Through effective and intentional collaboration, the Mount Vernon Community School District will develop clear goals that outline the steps needed to be an exemplary district of choice.
I hope you had a lovely, relaxing Thanksgiving and made some time for self-care!
Also, the wellness committee has been working on this Social-Emotional Well-Being Toolbox for Teachers since last fall. Try a link out with your students and let us know what you think.
A few quotes from my favorite author and social worker, Brené Brown! Please know you are valued! Take good care!
Professional Learning Celebrations!
On Friday, November 1st
- The Washington Elementary Teacher Leadership Team worked with Dr. Phil Warrick from Marzano to plan how to roll out our instructional framework to all staff.
- All Middle School Teachers worked with Dr. Phil Warrick from Marzano to align EBR, PLC, & MTSS work through feedback and assessment practices.
- All High School Teachers worked with Dr. Phil Warrick from Marzano to align PLC processes and to learn about The New Arts & Sciences Framework and the benefits of Instructional Rounds.
On Wednesday, November 13th
- About three years ago, we implemented Number Talks at Washington Elementary when we developed new pacing guides using our curricular resources for math. During early out work, Washington Elementary reviewed Number Talks including the "Talk Moves" (image to the right) and the developmental strategies for mastering addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Thank you, Krista Whitham, Cara Dix, and Kate Stanton for all your work and planning for our early out review of # Talks!
A New Podcast!
Please let me know what you think! What questions do you have?