Holbrook Weekly Newsletter
May 2, 2022
Teacher Appreciation Week
Don't forget to thank our amazing teachers this week. They are dedicated, caring individuals who devote themselves (and their giant hearts) to our students, families, and community. I remember all of my teachers who encouraged and inspired me. Do you have a teacher who instilled the power to dream in you? Thank our teachers for helping our students reach their fullest potential and encourage them to dream big.
Please remind your child to fully charge their device each night, and make sure they pack their (fully charged) device into their backpack for school each day.
If you have not yet completed the Device Liability and Responsibility Checkout Form (last page of the Parent/Student Device Use and Agreement and Handbook), please return it as soon as possible.
You may also choose to complete the form linked below:
**You do not need to complete both the paper copy and the form--just one.
Thank you for your support with this!
2022-2023 TK/K Enrollment -- Don't Wait!
ALL NEW enrollments begin online at https://air.mdusd.org/air/.
Children who will reach the age of five (5) years between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023 are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten in August 2022. Transitional Kindergarten registration is happening now! Please go to https://mdusd.org/enrollnow for information and registration directions. Appointments must be made online by clicking here TK appointment.
Children who will reach the age of five (5) years on or before September 1, 2022 are eligible for Kindergarten in August 2022. Kindergarten registration is happening now!
Registration information and forms may be picked up in office during school hours.
Our registration affects our staffing for the next school year, so please don't wait!
Please call the office with any questions, (925) 685-6446.
Want all the Bells and Whistles? JOIN THE HOLBROOK TEAM!
If you have a few hours in the middle of your day to supervise lunch, then please consider applying to be a paid Noon Supervisor "Substitute" below:
Have you ever thought about becoming a substitute teacher?
The MDUSD School Board approved the daily pay rate increase to $230! Retiree/special circumstances daily pay rate was increased to $250! So, if you love to work with kids and want a job with flexibility, then please consider applying to be a Substitute Teacher below:
- Asian Pacific-American Heritage Month
- Jewish American Heritage Month
- Speech & Hearing Awareness Month
- May 2-6 Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 2, Eid al Fitr
- May 4, Early Dismissal (TK-3rd: 1:35, 4th-8th: 1:40)
- May 5, Cinco de Mayo
- May 8, Mother's Day
- May 10-19, CAASPP Testing
- May 11, Early Dismissal (TK-3rd: 1:35, 4th-8th: 1:40)
- May 11, School Board Meeting, 6PM
- May 15-21, Classified School Employee Week
- May 17, Open House, 6-7PM
- May 18, Early Dismissal (TK-3rd: 1:35, 4th-8th: 1:40)
- May 25, Early Dismissal (TK-3rd: 1:35, 4th-8th: 1:40)
- May 30, Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31, HOLA Walk of Fame, 8:25AM
- LGBTQ+ Pride Month
- June 1, 5th Grade Celebration, 9AM
- June 1, Early Dismissal (TK-3rd: 1:35, 4th-8th: 1:40)
- June 2, Last Day of Instruction, 12:30PM dismissal
- June 2, 8th Grade Promotion, 9AM
- June 8 - July 1, MDUSD Summer School, Sun Terrace (by invitation only), 8AM-12PM
- June 8 - July 1, HOLA CARES Summer Program, 8AM-3PM
- June 19, Father's Day
- June 19, Juneteenth
Location: 3333 Ronald Way, Concord, CA, USA