THE NEST: SPECIAL EDITION
September 13, 2020
STUDENT DROP-OFF BEFORE SCHOOL:
ATTENDANCE DURING LEVEL 3-HYBRID:
Regardless of grade level, student attendance will be taken during the synchronous classes in the same manner attendance is taken in face-to-face classes.
● Students will be marked present when they complete their assignments for distance learning days.
● Teachers will follow up with students who are absent from synchronous, face-to-face, asynchronous sessions, or fail to turn in assignments through phone calls, emails, or school approved communication channels. Seesaw.Teachers can update attendance in PowerSchool up to ten days after an absence occurs to account for a completed assignment(s) turned in after the requested date.
● Additional attendance codes have been added to allow for marking a COVID-19 related absence.
● Parents and guardians will be able to review the daily attendance for their child in PowerSchool. FPS will implement the student attendance policy (AP 6220) and notify parents of excessive absences.
● During distance learning, every effort will be given to communicating with families whose students have difficulty attending synchronous sessions or completing required assignments. Lack of engagement or poor attendance may result in coordinating on-site support for the students during Level 2 and Level 3. Students will be referred to the Student Attendance Review Board (SARB) by their home school when attendance problems have not been resolved through the usual avenues of classroom, school, and district interventions.
○ The SARB aims to work cooperatively with students and families to alleviate the factors that interfere with regular school attendance. However, if students and/or parents decline to work with the SARB and the student continues to be absent or tardy from school, the SARB will take the necessary steps to ensure enforcement of compulsory attendance laws.
STUDENT PICK-UP AFTER SCHOOL:
LUNCHES TO TAKE HOME FOR ALL STUDENTS......FREE:
These lunches are for ALL families and a great way to continue to build independence during mealtimes on distance learning days. THEY ARE ALSO FREE FOR ALL until December 2020. Take advantage of this great opportunity!
BACKPACK FOOD PROGRAM sponsored by the Great Plains Food Bank:
TEACHER OFFICE HOURS:
Staff will typically NOT be answering Seesaw messages, emails, phone calls, etc. from 4 PM- 7:50 AM. Thank you for your patience and understanding.