California Gold Rush
The Ride there!
History of Califonia
- wagons used could only cover 5-30 miles a day depending on weather
- people who moved there were called 49ers
- California was the 31st state
- the man who discovered Gold, didnt get rich, he actually went bankrupt.
- many people believed you could get rich over night
- 97% of miners were men
how did they get the gold?
Blake, Arthur, and Pamela Dailey. The Gold Rush of 1849: Staking a Claim in California. Brookfield, CT: Millbrook, 1995. Print.
"California Gold Rush (1848–1858)." Open Collections Program: Immigration to the US, California Gold Rush, 1848-1858. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Apr. 2015.
"California." History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
"The Gold Rush of 1849." History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 15 Apr. 2015.