NCVPS Español 3
Week 11, April 3-9
Update con la Sra. Beverly Aguirre
What is due this week?
What is due next week?
***Please note that student's assignments are still due Friday, April 14 (Easter/Spring Break).
Culture Cafe for Extra Credit!
Check with your student to see if he/she is doing the following things each day:
HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR CANVAS AS AN OBSERVER?
Have you seen your student's grades? You can easily do that by being a CANVAS observer in our class!
Parents and facilitators will need student login information to set up their parent accounts. This will have to come from the school. NCVPS cannot supply login credentials to parents or facilitators. Check with your school's e-learning advisor (ELA).
The Canvas Parent app is designed to provide visibility into a student's progress at a glance. Canvas Parent allows both parents and facilitators to:
- View assignment descriptions and due dates
- Set reminders for assignments
- View assignment grades
- View course grades
- Set grade alerts
- View course announcements
Here are several helpful links:
Parents and facilitators can also use the Parent Portal online. Directions on how to use the portal are here.
FUN FACTS ABOUT LEARNING A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
- It is thought that there are up to 7,000 different languages spoken around the world today.
- More than half of the world’s languages have no written form.
- The world’s most widely spoken languages are: Mandarin Chinese, English, Spanish, Hindi, Arabic, Bengali, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, German and French.
- It is estimated that 75% of the world’s population does not speak English.
- The official languages used by the United Nations are English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian and Arabic.
- The ease or difficulty of learning another language can depend on your native language. Research suggests that Chinese and Arabic are amongst the languages that are the hardest to learn.