Sixth Grade Newsletter
January 4th - January 8th, 2016
January 12th - PDQ - 5:00-9:00
January 15th - Class Picture Day Clubs/Candids
January 15th—Outreach Program - Catawba Science Center
January 15th - End of Nine Weeks - 6th Grade Celebration (more details to come)
January 18th - Holiday - NO School
January 19th - Workday
January 20th - Workday
January 25th - Report Cards
February 3rd - Field Trip - Class Productions for Students - Freedom Train
February 9th - PDQ Night 5:00-9:00
February 15th - Workday
March 8th - PDQ Night 5:00-9:00
March 23rd - Field trip—Catawba Science Center
March 25th - Workday
March 28th - Holiday - NO SCHOOL
March 29th - Annual Leave
March 30th - Annual Leave
March 31st - Annual Leave
April 1st - Annual Leave
April 8th - Spring Pictures
April 12th - PDQ Night - 5:00-9:00
April 14th - TLIM - Leadership Day
May 6th - Workday
May 10th - PDQ Night 5:00-9:00
May 30th - Holiday - NO SCHOOL
June 1st - EOG Testing
June 1st - BLT Mtg
June 2nd - EOG Testing
June 8th - Faculty Mtg
June 9th - TA Mtg 7:30 am
June 9th - Last Day for Students
June 10th - Workday
June 13th - Workday
June 14th - Report Cards
Cold Weather and Recess!
Inclement Weather Information!
DURING EXTREMELY BAD WEATHER, IT MAY BECOME NECESSARY TO CLOSE SCHOOL.
Follow these suggestions:
1. Connect messages will be sent to your primary phone number.
2. Watch T.V., listen to the radio and/or check the Catawba County web page:
3. Announcements will be made in late evening or early morning.
4. Delayed openings are used when warmer weather is predicted.
5. No announcement means school as usual.
6. The school will follow the instructions provided by parents on the inclement weather sheet for your child’s transportation.
THERE WILL BE NO AFTER-SCHOOL CARE ON DAYS WHEN SCHOOL IS DISMISSED FOR BAD WEATHER. If the school has not received special instructions from you, the child will be dismissed as usual (car or bus). We do not have phone lines to support individual calls so parents must make plans other than to be called. If your plans change during the year, please let the homeroom teacher know as soon as possible.