Mrs. Mathews' Minutes
Everton Bearcats! April 29, 2016
We Survived C.O.S.I!
6th Grade Tie Dye Shirts
- Reading: We finished our poetry unit and will finish up the year doing literacy circles
- Writing: We will be writing some expository pieces to finish up the year
- Math: We continued our unit on Rates and Ratios
- Science We started our last chapter over Food Chains and Biomes
- Grammar- We will be reviewing all skills
May 3rd- T-shirts for Tie-Dying are due.
May 6th- Tie Dye T-shirts for 6th grade
May 6th- Auction items are due at school.
May 16th- 6th grade celebration cookout
May 18th- Last day of school for all students
Sixth grade brings a lot of responsibility. Here are just a few areas to keep in mind:
- Keeping up on class work ( We have a lot to cover each day and move quickly)
- Checking in for attendance and lunch each morning
- Turning in daily work and completing morning work
- Using appropriate voices( There is a time to be social and a time to work)
- Participation (the more you participate, the better you will understand the skill )
- Responsibility (agenda, HW, turning in papers, following procedures)
Just a few Pictures from our C.O.S.I. Trip!
- Daily Agendas
- Please check and sign daily agendas. I check them daily and students receive extra Dojo coins if they are signed!
- Thanks to everyone that signed up for Remind! It's an easy way for me to get a quick text message to everyone at once. Please consider signing up this weekend if you have not already done so! Thanks!
- Information was sent home the first week of school on how to sign up for Dojo. I also sent email invites to those that have not signed up yet. Please consider joining so you can see how your child is doing behavior wise. Students also earn coins to use for our mini economy. I can also send out emails to all of you at one time.
- I check my email many times throughout the day and evening. I will get back back with you as soon as I can. Sometimes, I need to gather and verify information, so please be understanding. I promise to communicate back as quickly as I can.
We have uploaded another Math app to help students practice their skills.
This site contains current event stories with a 4 question quiz at the end. Great way for allowing students to read topics they like and test their Comprehension! All students have a username and password to log on!
Many students are still struggling with converting fractions, decimals and percents. If you have time above is a free website that you and your child can review!
Please follow the directions so I can send you important information in a class text message! Your number will not be seen my phone either, so your information is still confidential.