A Bi-Weekly Newsletter
School Calendar Survey
Details to note:
- The calendar must meet a minimum of 75,600 minutes for all students.
- High schools currently have 435 minutes a day.
- Elementary, intermediate, and junior high schools have a 430 minute day.
- Early Release counts for 420 minutes of instruction, and no waiver is needed if meeting the minimum 240 minutes of instruction.
- Currently, each grade span (elementary, intermediate, junior high, or high school) has the equivalent of 940 to 1,050 minutes of additional time built into the day and available to use to prevent the need to make-up two missed instructional days for students.
- For the 19-20 school year, the approved waiver for staff development days is for November 11 and January 7.
- Conroe ISD has an approved District of Innovation application which allows the District to start school before the fourth Monday in August (8/24/20).
Oak Ridge High School AFJROTC Participates in Veteran's Day Pass and Review
National Hispanic Honor Recognition
Congratulations to our seniors who scored in the top 2.5% among Hispanic and Latino test takers in last year’s PSAT/NMSQT exam. We are proud of you! Scholars include:
Mya Briones, Maritza Herschmann, Virginia Batres, Ivanna Abi-Saab, and Nathan Stern
AP Test Registration and Payment is Open
Between November 9th and February 28th - $140 - $65 Free and Reduced
stay in touch with the new cisd mobile app - you can specify from which schools you want to follow and receive reminders
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!