March 20, 2016
Kick-Off Kindness Sidewalk Chalk Campaign!!
Just a reminder . . . Monday, March 21st we will be participating in a district wide kick-off to kindness! Our kick-off will start with a sidewalk chalk campaign that is designed to provide positive notes, comments, and words of affirmation. These words just might make a difference in a child's day, week, or even month.
If you would like to participate in the morning kick off, please meet in the front of the school between 7:00 and 7:20. We will be passing out chalk and writing notes on the sidewalk outside of the school. In case of rain, I will be passing out black construction paper for you to write on.
Classes are still encouraged to participate during the day. Sidewalk chalk will be available for checkout in the front office. Thanks so much!
Upcoming STAAR Testing
Our first round of STAAR testing is here! The campus is closed to visitors on all testing days listed. Please be mindful of this when scheduling conferences or inviting volunteers to campus. The make up day will depend on the number of testers and exactly where they will be testing. There is no way to predict ahead of time, so for now, the campus is closed to visitors that day. We will let you know if that changes.
- March 29th ~ 4th grade Writing and 5th grade Math
- March 30th ~ 5th grade Reading & 4th grade Writing make up
- April 1st ~ 4th & 5th grade make up
More information regarding any schedule changes will be coming soon in a separate email.
Thanks for helping support our testers!!
This Week at Cypress
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood - I listen to others without interrupting
Garden Adoption - We need an adopter to water our new plants! Let me know if you are interested.
Monday,March 21, 2016 - F Day for Specials
- 3rd - 5th Grade Science Assessment Open - Due on March 26th
- PK 3rd Nine Week Assessment Window Open
- Campus Culture and Climate Meeting at 3:10 in room 408.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - A Day for Specials
- Kinder PLC w/RtI 12:00-12:40 in room 408
Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - B Day for Specials
- Faculty Meeting (Mandatory STAAR Training ~ for test administrators ~ Staci will make sure you know who needs to attend) 3:10 in the Library
Thursday, March 24, 2016 - C Day for Specials
- 2nd Grade PLC w/RtI 7:20 - 8:40 in Room 408 - Students report directly to MPR in the morning.
- 1st Grade PLC w/RtI 1:00 - 1:40 & 3:10 - 3:40 in Room 408
Friday, March 25, 2016
- Holiday ~ Enjoy your 3 day weekend!!
Around the Corner
Tuesday, March 29th -
- 4th Grade Writing STAAR
- 5th Grade Math STAAR
Wednesday, March 30th -
- 5th Grade Reading STAAR
- 4th Grade Writing Make Ups
- Faculty Meeting - PLC all 3:10
Thursday, March 31st -
- 4th and 5th Grade Make Ups
- Lighthouse Team Meeting at 3:10 in room 408
Friday, April 1st -
- Begin Habit 6: Synergize