Shamrock Gardens Dragon Direct
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Week of September 19th -September 23rd
Cheers to a wonderful weekend :)
The Week at a Glance
Monday, September 19th, 2016
- TRC Testing Continues
- Cherry and Smith Begin Meeting with Small Groups
- First MTSS PLC Meeting During Grade Level Planning
- Dragon Discussion @ 8:30
- Happy Birthday, Ms. Remchuk! (Sunday)
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016
- TRC Testing Continues
- Please note: Class tours of Lucky's Library will begin Monday, October 10th.
- ILT Meeting @ 7:00 am
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
- TRC Testing Ends
- DIBELS due
- Pre-K - 2nd Grade Muffins for Moms: 8:45 - 9:20
- 3rd - 5th Grade Muffins for Moms: 9:30 - 10:05
- Please note: Muffins will be delivered to your room for students who do not bring back RSVPs. In addition, your grade level ILT member will share a classroom activity for those scholars.
Thursday September 22nd, 2016:
- 1/2 Day Planning Begin (Note: Teachers need to stay in the room for the first hour to review procedures and allow support to observe classroom)
1st Grade 8:15-11:30 (teachers leave at 9:15)
3rd Grade 11:35-3:00 (teachers leave at 9:15-TA's take lunch at 12:05)
- Send Home Thursday Folders-Send Home 2 Work Samples with Feedback
- TRC Reports go home in Thursday Folders (Will be copied for you by your grade level ILT member)
- Hispanic Parent Community Meeting @ 5pm
- PTA Board Meeting @ 6pm
Friday, September 23rd, 2016:
- 3rd Grade MTSS Meeting
- DEP Meeting for First Grade Magnet Students 5:30 pm
- Dinner and Title 1 General Meeting in Cafe @ 6pm
- Food bank at 6pm
- PTA General Meeting @ 6:30pm
- Movies in the Park @ 7:00pm (Zootopia)
Charlotte Hornetts Grant!!
The Hornets Teacher Innovation Grants program was established through a partnership between the Charlotte Hornets Foundation, FOX Sports Carolinas/SportSouth and the CMS Foundation. Since its inception, more than $150,000 have been awarded to fund teacher-led projects in a variety of subject areas. In addition to receiving funding for their projects, grant recipients are also recognized on court at a Charlotte Hornet's basketball game.
Please contact Ashelyn James with questions or for more information.
Classroom Morning Meetings!
This week's morning meetings are designed to get students talking about issues and challenges that are occurring on the playground. It is so important for students to have skills to problem solve and work together, especially on the playground. Take time to both observe what's occurring on the playground and to listen to student perceptions of what is occurring on the playground. Together you can make the playground a great experience for all students!
Link to K-1 Morning Meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10eg5Q6jrJIfDCAgGyOHRhvfqml-Bs9zuypgd83GzpdA/edit?usp=sharing
Link to 2-5 Morning Meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oP9PwQb_vIwRkzl7yNh5-9lre4_iAEMqO2T-O-YIfXU/edit?usp=sharing
Nominate Your Students for More Flair!
Calling all Staff! Professional Development Opportunity!
- Do you need some humor in your life? Do you want a more positive school climate and culture? Have you heard the news? Kentucky principal, Gerry Brooks, will repeat his Summer Institute sessions at the Center of Excellence Fall Workshop this year! Gerry is a new internet sensation for educators across the nation. What began as a fun video has exploded into a regular commentary that he describes as, "Spreading humor through the world of education." We are excited to bring him back to our fall workshop to share more of his comedy and insight on school climate and culture. If you have not already been introduced to Mr. Brooks, add him on Facebook or follow his channel on YouTube to see his regular dose of humor. http://www.fmucenterofexcellence.org
- If you plan on attending please complete the form below so we can anticipate an appropriate budget. (Mileage and Registration will be covered by the school)
Super Awesome Read Aloud of the Week!
Do you have a crazy story that might be hard to believe? Gerald tells Piggie the long, crazy story about breaking his trunk. Will Piggie end up with a long, crazy story of his own? Let Mr. Mohrien know if you'd like a guest reader--he promises to share the story of his newest injury as well!
Muffins for Mom--September 21st
Invites to go home in Thursday Folders on 9/15
Teachers will collect RSVP slips from scholars AND provide them with Confirmation of Attendance Slip - Ms. Carter will ensure you have these items
Teachers will highlight the names of students attending Muffins for Moms on the special roster given to them by Ms. Carter
All parent RSVPs are due to teachers by 9/19
Highlighted rosters given to Carter on 9/20 by the end of the day
Parents who come the day of the event MUST have a Confirmation of Attendance Slip in order to get their scholar from class - IF a parent arrives at the classroom without a slip - PLEASE send them to the front office
Open enrollment is Oct. 1-31
Open enrollment is Oct. 1-31. All employees and eligible dependents have been enrolled in the Traditional 70/30 Plan for 2017. If you want to reduce your premium or enroll in the Enhanced 80/20 Plan or the Consumer-Directed Health Plan 85/15, you must complete the enrollment process. Enrollment sessions will be available in person and via phone beginning Oct. 2. Schedule your enrollment appointment here.
Prepare for enrollment today by completing your online health assessment. Visit CMSHRInTouch to earn your 2017 Health Assessment Wellness Premium Credit.