Hawk Happenings: Nov. 29th
Holy Rosary Regional School/Juan Diego Academy Community
Message from the Principal
I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving Break. It was great seeing so many of you at conferences last week. Thank you for taking the time to meet with the teachers!
Also, thank you to all who have donated to our Annual Fund! We are at 37% so we are getting close to the 50% participation needed to get the $20,000 donation. Please help us get there. No donation is too small but we need your help to take advantage of this opportunity! The Annual Fund raises money for teacher salaries, curriculum materials, and other valuable items in our annual budget. Please click on the link on our website (https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew) or drop by the office to donate.
One last item, please make sure your child brings a coat to (and from) school. It is VERY cold outside and the kids are outside for recess every day. If you need a coat, check out the offer below for a free coat!
Thank you and have a fantastic week!!
- Thursday, Nov. 30th - Spirit/Seahawks Gear, Jamba Juice after school ($3)
- Friday, Dec. 1st - All School Mass at 9 am, Student Council store open after school.
- Tuition is due on the 5th of the month, unless you are signed up with FACTS (5th or 20th)!
- Friday, Dec. 8th - Fulcrum application (with all materials/documents submitted) DUE!!
- Auction/Crab Feed Procurement of $100 is due Friday, Dec. 15th. After that, the fee goes up to $150. Please don't miss the deadline.
Christmas Program: Costumes and Voting!!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X37N5MW. Voting will end on Sunday and we will let you know the final date next week!
If you have special circumstances, please contact Ms. Dempsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the costumes for each class for the performance. If you need help with a costume, please contact your child's teacher:
Pre-K 3: Brown outfit (think Reindeer!)
Pre-K 4 A & B: Christmas pajamas
KG A & B: Shepherds
3rd: Shepherds & Townspeople
6/7/8: Followers of the three Kings
- The Parent Committee and the Holy Rosary Staff would like to say a big THANK YOU to all the families who brought food for the staff potluck on the conference days. It was such an amazing treat!!
- Thank you to Tiffiny, Gloria, and all the parents who helped with the Book Fair!
- Thank you for supporting the St. Vincent de Paul Food Drive!
Fulcrum Scholarship DEADLINE Dec. 8th! Don't Miss Out!
- Fulcrum Scholarships - Applications must be complete (with all documents uploaded) by December 8th!!
- Reminder: Families MUST apply through Fulcrum before the school can offer ANY financial assistance for the 2018-19 school year. No exceptions!
This is just a reminder that, whether you qualify for the Fulcrum Foundation grant or not, you must FIRST apply through their process before getting any financial aid through Holy Rosary Regional School. If you are receiving financial aid through Holy Rosary, we don't want you to lose that opportunity for next year. Here are the steps to the process:
- Apply for the Tuition Assistance Grant at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid (available in English or Spanish)
- Submit all documents requested by Fulcrum in order for your application to be VERIFIED. Any application still listed as SUBMITTED is incomplete.
- Families will be notified of whether or not they qualified for the $1200 per student grant ($1350 for high school students) in March.
- After notifications are made, families will be able to set up tuition contract meetings (this is only for families whose applications were completely submitted and verified by Fulcrum) to discuss financial aid for the 2018-19 school year.
If you need a computer or help completing the application, please don't hesitate to contact Berenice at email@example.com or call 253-272-7012. Do not delay. Our deadline for all applications to be completed (and verified) is Friday, December 8, 2017. That is just 4 weeks away!! If you miss the deadline or your application is incomplete, you will miss out on the chance for financial aid next year!
From the Student Council:
popcorn, Lemonade, Chips, and Christmas Novelty Items. The prices are between $.50 and $1.00. The location is at the end of the 2nd floor hallway near the elevator.
From the Parent Service Committee:
Jamba Juice – Thursday, November 30th
- Come get your last smoothie of the year! Jamba Juice will be sold after school on Thursday for $3. This will be the last time Jamba Juice will be at the school. Because of new ownership, Jamba Juice won’t be able to provide smoothies outside of their stores.
Parent Service Committee Meeting – Thursday, December 7 at 8am.
- Parents are welcome to attend the Parent Service Committee meeting on December 7th. The meeting occurs on the first Thursday of every month. The meeting will be held in the Church Parish office. If you would like to get involved, have anything that you’d like to discuss, suggestions or ideas for the committee, please email Amanda Schweickert, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dangers of Being a Helicopter Parent!
Do You Need a Coat for Your Child?
Celebrating African-American Culture
Snow Day Info - Reminder
Electronics Policy Reminder
Cell Phones, Other Electronic Items: Electronic equipment of any kind (such as I-pods, I-Pads, cell phones, Kindles, or electronic gaming devices), are strictly prohibited at school unless approved by the teacher. Student cell phones are required to be turned off and in the student’s back pack, if they are approved (by the teacher) to have them on campus for before or after school use ONLY. Any staff member who sees a student with a cell phone/electronic equipment during school hours is to confiscate the cell phone/electronic equipment and give it to the principal. The parent will be required to meet with the principal to get the cell phone/electronic equipment returned. Holy Rosary Regional School will not be responsible for the loss, damage or theft of electronic equipment.
From the Development Director:
A big thanks to the following families/staff for your Annual Fund Appeal/Playground Equipment donations:
Bridget Yaden & Jeff Smith
Richard & Stephanie Hernandez
Jeff & Claudia Klein
Jesse & Amanda Schweickert
Daryl & Raquel Lambrecht
Javier & Anita Lemus
Paul & Janel Martin
Casey & Sarah McKinney
Epitacio Garibay & Erika Ruelas
Sergio & Carrie Hernandez
Efrain & Patty Montes
Alberto & Amparo Farias
Patrea & Josh Fernandez
Don & Kelly Robertson
David Sanchez Garcia & Karen Ramirez Aguirre
Rosaline Y Tientcheu
Justin & Rebecca Inouye
Timur Kuzu & Christina Lorella-Kuzu
Dave Boynton & Melissa Kennedy
Shane & Valerie Pettit
Steve & Rhonda Kristoff
Oscar & Diane Mendez
Michael & Julie Milasich
Bryan & Gina Cole
DC & Analy Grant
Bill & Jennifer Pickles
Alex & Amy Gibson
Christian & Nichole Gerling
Justin & Rebecca Inouye
David Sanchez Garcia & Karen Ramirez Aguirre
Scott & Silvia Welch