Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | February 25, 2022
Hello Indian Run Families,
Today was a fun day at IRE! Our 5th grade class hosted their Ecosystem Museums for many of our younger students and it was amazing to see how sweet and kind our students were to each other! Our 5th graders really demonstrated some great leadership and taught our younger students about ecosystems and organisms. IRE is a special place and today was a reminder of that!
Next week is Read Across America Week where we will be celebrating our love for reading! Make sure to ask your students about some of the fun reading activities that take place next week. We will also have a Spirit Week to through some additional fun in the mix. Take a look below for what each day will look like.
Let us know if you have any questions or we can help in any way!
Have a great weekend!
Amber and Marty
Indian Run Announcements
Doodle for Google Contest
- The last day to submit artwork for the Doodle for Google contest is Monday, February 28th.
- You can enter online, or return completed forms to Mrs. Christine.
- This year, the theme for the contest is "I care for myself by ..." K-12 students have the challenge of creatively incorporating the letters G-O-O-G-L-E into a drawing that shares their ideas about self care. Students will need your help to fill out the entry form.
- More information about the contest is available on Google.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is open!
2022-23 Kindergarten Parent Information Night will be in person on April 19th from 6:30-7:30pm.
- Need to update your IRE wardrobe? Check out our IRE Spirtwear options
- Be sure to check out our latest episodes of The Wire.
UPCOMING INDIAN RUN EVENTS
- March: Women's History month
- March 28-April 1: Spring Break
- - - - - - - - -
Dodgeball returns on May 13, will benefit Honor Flight
The Dublin City Schools dodgeball tournament returns on May 13 at Dublin Coffman stadium and will benefit Honor Flight. Details are available here.
Important high school testing information
On March 2, all juniors will be taking the SAT test. Freshman and sophomores will operate on a normal schedule but seniors will be working on asynchronous opportunities outside of the school day. There will NOT be Working Wednesday late arrival on this day. More information from your school on asynchronous opportunities will be available as we get closer to March 2. Additionally, there will NOT be Working Wednesday late arrival on April 13 due to the Algebra end of course exam. All students will attend on this day.
2022 Community Champion Award Nominations deadline extended!
This spring, the Dublin Chamber of Commerce and Dublin City Schools are partnering to honor the best in volunteerism, giving back, and selflessness with the 2022 Community Champion Awards. Please take a moment to nominate deserving students and staff at this link.
Save the Dates!
- District job fair/trade fair-April 12
- Community Champions-April 23
- Be Well-April 30
- District dodgeball-May 13