World War 1
1. In WWI he became an ambulance driver for Red Cross
2. His mom dressed him like a girl.
One of the hobbies
3. On a single boating trip he hooked about 2,000 pounds of fish,
More Interesting Facts
- Started his writing career in a newspaper office at the age of 17 in Kansas City.
- In high school he boxed, played football, and wrote in the school newspaper.
- The army rejected him because of his poor eyesight.
- He was a reporter for the Toronto Newspaper.
- His first wife was Elizabeth Hadley Richardson.
- He married his last wife on August 19th to Mary Welsch.
- To end his interesting and wonderful life he committed suicide.