Week Ending December 5, 2015
How NOT to be a leader who enables others.
Highlights of the Week:
- I was asked to be a featured speaker during the student-centered portion of the 2016 Snow Tire Conference being held in Lansing at the start of February. My topic will revolve around a framework to use when applying student assessment data to classroom instruction.
- Lots of preparation by students for the Christmas concert this Sunday @ 4:00 pm.
- Mrs. Baldwin took four students to Lansing for a technology fair. They got a chance to meet with our locale state representatives.
- We sold $776 of products from our NED Show pay it forward program. This is what allows for the NED Show to perform at no cost to the schools.
- Logon Hoffman (Amy Baldwin's replacement) subbed in our building this week. Several staff commented that they think she is going to be a good fit for us.
Problems of the Week:
- Several cases of head lice in the building across the grade levels.
You Should be aware of:
- I met with a representative from FACTS to learn more about their services. FACTS could provide third party tuition management and payment processing to our organization. It would integrate easily with QuickBooks. I see this as a viable option that would benefit our school.
- Gov. Snyder has come out against Senate legislation that would allow individuals to carry concealed weapons in schools and other pistol-free zones saying he would veto the bills as written.
- I am considering the prospect of putting together an alumni appreciation week. It would probably be a social media event that would include the posting of old pictures and trivia like questions. My thoughts are to do this after the Christmas break.
- The PTL has asked if they could do a Breakfast with Baldwin on December 18th to honor Amy. I am thinking might be rolled in with our plans for her.
Enrollment as of 12/4/2015= 175 preschool-8th grade
Schedule of Events
12/06/15- Fiesta Dinner to follow the Christmas Concert
12/07/15- Students start Christmas program practice
12/18/15- Ugly Sweater Day for Staff
12/20/2015- Children's Christmas Service 4:00 p.m.
12/22/2015- Last day of school before break
12/24/2015- Children's Christmas Service 6:00 p.m.