Northern Hills Library News
Welcome Back Issue!
General Information About The Library
- PK students come to the library once a week for a story/lesson. They will check out 1 book each week provided they return the prior week's book.
- Kinder students come to the library once a week for a story/lesson and checkout. They are able to checkout 1 book each week provided they return the prior week's book.
- 1st grade students come to the library every week. Every other week they will have a story/lesson and checkout. The other week they will have just a 15 minute check out. First graders start the year checking out 1 book and the classroom teacher decides when a student has shown responsibility and lets them check out 2 books. Students need to return their prior week's book in order to check out.
- 2nd grade students come to the library every week. Every other week they will have a story/lesson and checkout. The other week they will have just a 15 minute check out. They are able to checkout 2 books each week provided they return the prior week's books.
- 3rd-5th grade students are welcome to come for individual check out at any time with their teacher's permission. In addition, a classroom teacher may sign up for a fixed time to bring in their entire class for check out every other week. They are able to checkout 2 books each week provided they return the prior week's books.
Parents can check out books too! Please come and see us in the library if you are interested. Parents can check out up to six books for two weeks.
We also have ebooks available on Overdrive! These are available for check out by both students and parents.
- Keep books away from liquids and food.
- Don't draw or color in library books.
- Don't tear pages or use scissors in library books.
- Wash your hands before reading your library book.
- Keep books away from babies and pets.
- Keep your books in a safe place. The best place to leave them when you are not holding them is your backpack high up on a shelf.
- Don't put any liquids in your backpack with your books.
- Don't peel off the barcode or any labels.
- Don't let your friends borrow your library books. They are checked out to you!
If something happens to your book please come and let us know right away. We may be able to repair it. If we cannot, you will have to pay for either the damage or the cost of the book.
In another area of the library, a section of shelves was removed to open the space up and make room for four additional computers. This also gives the students more space to look at the fiction section.
We also are in the process of replacing our library furniture. Over the summer, we received 3 new tables and 12 new beautiful blue chairs. We will be buying additional furniture throughout the year as we raise money for it from our Book Fairs.
The library transformation is ongoing process. Stayed tuned for updates throughout the years.
- September-Talk Like a Pirate Day & International Dot Day
Throughout the year, we have many events planned. Two Book Fairs, two presenters, reading challenges, Battle of the Books grades 1-4 and many more fun things.
Follow us on Twitter! N Hills @librarycockers
Find out all the great things going on in the Northeast Libraries.
Follow them on Facebook-NEISD Library Services