What's New @ CAFE VI
Local Events & Happenings
Exciting Upcoming Events
- Wednesday, March 27th: Join the NextGen Committee for our CAFE VI Social
- Tuesday, April 16th: Leading Change in Uncertain Times with Calliope Learning
- Wednesday, May 15th: Bringing your Family into the Business with Derrold Norgaard
2013 FEYA Recipient: Country Grocer, the Wilson & Cavin families with CAFE VI President Niki Kux-Kardos
2013 FEYA Finalist: Bosley's Pet Food Plus, Sue Battle and Brianne Carson
2013 FEYA Finalist: Sullivan Wealth Management, Andre Sullivan and Daniel Martinez
Celebrating our 2013 FEYA Award!
Congratulations to the 2013 FEYA Award recipient, long time CAFE Vancouver Island member Country Grocer. Mark Wilson and Peter Cavin were on site to accept the award, together with their wives and the next generation. Read more in this Canadian Grocer feature and in Douglas Magazine's announcement.
Also a big shout out to our two award finalists:
- Bosley's Pet Food Plus in Parksville, Sue Battle and Brianne Carson, also the recent recipients of the Parksville Chamber of Commerce "Business of the Year Award". Congratulations ladies!
- Sullivan Wealth Management and Integral Wealth Securities in Nanaimo, Andre Sullivan and Daniel Martinez, also the recent recipient of the "Top 20 under 40 Leadership Award". Congratulations Andre!
THANK YOU again to all of our sponsors for your generous support.
FamBiz Q & A
One of our 2013 FEYA finalists, Sue Battle at Bosley's, was asked:
Q. What criteria did you use to choose the right location for your store?
- Be near a large "anchor" store, such as grocery, liquor, Timmies...places where lots of people come on a daily basis
- Be located near or on the main highway through town...we are, and are also next to a grocery store
- Have lots of parking and easy access
Although our rent is higher than we had anticipated, the location has proven to be such a success that paying the extra rent is easily covered by the exposure we have.
Did you know?
We offer amazing online resources to help you succeed!
Hear what our very own local Tax & Estate Planning expert has to say in this webinar on the tips and traps for family business planning: The Mythical Estate Freeze
Shelagh Rinald, CA, TEP, CFP of Rinald Tax Advisory Inc, is also the proud recipient of the 2012 GVCC Business Person of the Year Award!