By: Landry Jorski
6-8 year old children can dress themselves, catch a ball using only their hands, and tie their shoes. Having independence from there family members becomes more important now. These children are now starting school, this will bring children into regular contact with the world. Friendship in this age becomes very important. Physical, social, and mental skills develop quickly at this time. This is a critical time for children to develop confidence in all areas of life, like developing friends, learning how to do schoolwork, and finding sports they like.
- Be more independent
- Understand more about his or her place in the world.
- Start to develop friendship
- Learning how to use teamwork
- Child wants to be liked by others
- Children will become more modest want want private time
- Show less physically demonstrative relationships and express love through sharing and talking (Children may be embarrassed by physical affection.)
- Will not ask for the love and support they need
- Understand more complex emotions
- Can control there feelings
- Recognize there own strengths