Why Study FLES
Rationale for teaching foreign language at elementary level
Why young age language leaners
"The child's brain is different from the adult brain in that it is a very dynamic structure that is evolving. A 2-year-old child has twice as many synapses in the brain as an adult. The young brain must use use these connections or lose them."
"They can learn as many as spoken languages as you can allow them to hear systematically and regularly at the same time. Children just have this capacity."
It is clearly that foreign language should be taught in elementary school, if not before.
Foreign language study leads to increased cognitive skills
2. Cultivate creative skills
3. Expand problem-solving skills and critical thinking
Foreign language study is linked with higher achievement in other academic areas
2. Positive correlation with higher grades in subjects such as English, math, science, and social studies
3. Higher SAT and ACT scores
4. Provides a head start in language requirements for college
Foreign language study opens eyes to the world
2. Give a child opportunities to know about other cultures
3. Cultivate a child's global thinking and appreciation for different people from other countries
Chinese immersion in action
Foreign language learning across the countries
Foreign language empower our kids with global competitiveness. Foreign language understanding is road-map to success.