LS Library News
Back to School 2017
While the heart of our library is certainly the book collection, we also subscribe to several databases that students will be using for nonfiction research and reading. All of those resources can be found on the library's website at lslibrary.cfsnc.org. You'll also find a Parent tab with links to reading lists, past newsletters, and information about our circulating parent collection of books. Please feel free to check it out!
I am looking forward to getting to know your readers this year, on a full-time schedule! From recommending books to teaching research skills to coding, I am excited to work with your children in developing their information literacy skills and growing their love of reading.
Read on below for timely information about our library. Expect another library newsletter with news and updates sometime in September!
Checking Out & Returning Books
Students should try to return their books as soon as they are done reading them so that others may check them out. Each classroom has a green grocery basket to return books, or you can return them directly to the library in the book return by the door.
Thank you to all the families who returned their summer checkouts! If you still have books from the summer, please return or ask me to renew them. I will send out notices next week, in case you're not sure if you still have books out.
You can learn more about checkout here and our library collection here.
Celebrating Birthdays in the Library
Coming Soon: Book Fair!
Monday, Sep. 11th, 8:15am to Friday, Sep. 15th, 3:15pm
- The book fair will be held in the LS Library Monday - Friday (Sep. 11-15), open from 8am - 3:30pm. If you're coming before school, please stay with your child until 8:20am.
- The book fair will also re-open at 6pm on Thursday for Back to School Night.
- All purchases made at the book fair will help support the LS Library. This is a great chance to get your holiday/birthday shopping done early!
- If you are able to help out either before or after school, please sign up here. Volunteers will help students and families find books and/or handle purchases.
- Here's a sneak peek at what books you can expect to find at the fair!
About your librarian
Lower School Librarian
Carolina Friends School